Back in the land of the employed - YEEHAH!

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a second interview this morning for a role that I really fancied with a good company, the job was right up my street and with a much better package than what I was on at Telewest. Unfortunately I came away from the interview thinking it hadn't gone at all well as there were some very tough questions but they've just phoned to offer me the position. :woot: :woot: :woot:

Having been unemployed for a month now following my redundancy and on gardening leave for six weeks prior to that, the enforced lay off was really starting to **** me off, I've never been out of work, always been active and I was starting to tear my hair out.

I've also got to say a big thank you to The_Old_Man and Darkstar for forwarding my CV to their respective company's, sorry it didn't work out guys but beers are on me if and when we meet up. (y)

Being as it's my birthday tomorrow I couldn't have wished for a better present. I think I might be on the slurp tonight. :D :D :D

Congratulations and well done with that, hope it all goes well.

Great news Colin

I will hold you to that drink. Hope you enjoy the new job

Steve

Congrats on the new job, and happy birthday for tomorrow.(y)

Many congratulations - well chuffed for you. I hope the new job goes well

As I said earlier Colin well done and good luck!!!!

And if, god forbid, you find yourself in the same situation let me know and I'll pick up where we left off!!!

Well done on the job front, and happy birthday for tomorrow.

nice one Colin!

ah, nice one :)

congrats! and well done! (y)

:clap: Congratulations Colin! Happy Birthday for tomorrow. When do you start your new job? :woot:

Thanks everyone! I start on 5th February so I've got about 10 days to chill and not deal with recruitment consultants. Funny thing is, since I've had the offer I have had three calls asking me in for interviews, typical!

The kids will be happy now they are off the tripe and onions diet. :D

Well done sir, I'll have all this to look forward to at the end of the year. Will there be a celebration camera/lens/accessory purchase going on?

Well done Colin :)

Congrats. Big relief and happy days again.

well done that man. despite enjoying time off I know the feeling if the pennies aren't coming in...happy birthday too :D

Excellent news Colin ... really pleased to hear that and as you sound dead chuffed with it too it has all the makings of a decent out turn ... (y)

Hope everything works out exceptionally well for you in the new role m8 ... sounds like you've landed a good 'un but enjoy the next couple of weeks until you start ... you'll soon miss it ... ;)

:p

Well done that man! :hug:
When I went for my job in Adult Ed. I was convinced Id messed up, so much so I burst into tears when I got back in the car ... think sometimes we're often too self critical!

Colin ... I have to ask .... tripe & onions?
What happened to good old Beans on toast!:LOL:

:woot: Congrats!:woot:

Well done Colin...good things come to those who wait (kind of) :LOL: (y)

Nice one Colin, Never been out of work in my life before but imagine it isnt too bright.

Pleased for you mate..:)

Back