Back on the Macro

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
I've been doing a few landscapes recently and not spending much time looking for bugs.

Heres a few from the limited bugs I found on Sunday!

Single shot with Raynox 202 on tamron 60mm and 32mm extension tube shot at 4:1

21952793322_112b18e8e4_h.jpg

10 shot stack shot (handheld) with tamron 60mm and 32mm extension tube at 1.7:1

Single shot with D7200, tamron 60mm and 32mm extension tube shot at 1.7:1

Last edited:
I'm just starting out with macro, number 2 is amazing. Is the 202 a greater magnification than the 250? Mines just arrived.

Outstanding shots and as mentioned, "No.2 is amazing". (y)

Outstanding shots and as mentioned, "No.2 is amazing". (y)
Thanks Steve

Very nice Neil! Great control of lighting, especially on the second one! What are you using for backgrounds?
Thanks Tim. I used some coloured card for the 3rd shot but didn't like the purple tint, so I printed a couple backgrounds from google images. Wish i had tried this earlier in the spring summer, I'm looking forward to next season now and using this technique more often.

A really nice set of images Neil, with amazing detail and good composition. #2 is especially nice with a very good bit of stacking.(y)

George.

outstanding shots as always and the stack is sublime

Love the lace wings eye, i have been trying to capture this but fail every time so well done. # 2 is Chrysolina banksi i think probably not named after the graffiti artist or perhaps he named himself after the beetle :) Lovely shots.

They are just brilliant Neil(y)
Thanks Icy

A really nice set of images Neil, with amazing detail and good composition. #2 is especially nice with a very good bit of stacking.(y)
George.
Thanks George

Stuck for words :)
Gaz
For the right reasons !
Cheers Gaz

Superb nothing else to say!
Thanks Bryan

outstanding shots as always and the stack is sublime
Thank you Graham

Love the lace wings eye, i have been trying to capture this but fail every time so well done. # 2 is Chrysolina banksi i think probably not named after the graffiti artist or perhaps he named himself after the beetle :) Lovely shots.
Thanks Andrew

They are brilliant m8 - really liking the first two especially.
Paul.
Cheers Paul

Superb set Neil... The detail in the compound eye of the lacewing is second to none... I had no idea they were indents rather than dimples.

Did you print the backgrounds on card or paper?

Back