Back to Kilve

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Last night it got to 11pm and I hadn't packed my bag ready for the trip out in the morning, a lye-in was seeming much more appealing. It was at 5am when the alarm went off too. But as ever I was glad to get out. I wasn't sure where to go when checking the weather the previous evening, and as I hadn't done much planning I thought I'd head back to Kilve beach again, its only 35 minutes drive and is a lovely place to watch the morning break even if the light doesn't do much.

What I hadn't checked was the tide times and it turned out to be high tide at 5am. I found a composition, but with the tide quickly receding the pool of water I was using in the foreground soon disappeared before the sun showed itself, meaning I had to move. This shot ended up being a little rushed as the light appeared very quickly. It was a spectacular sunrise.

C&C welcome. (As ever it looks soft when linked from flickr!)

Kilve Sunrise B
by Craigus89, on Flickr

It's a lovely photo with very nice colours and lines, and well done on making the effort.

As you asked the only critique I would offer is the reflection being brighter than the sky. I know still water can reflect a lot of skylight from above, and not just the direction you are looking but it is still unnaturally bright compared to the sky. This could easily be masked in PS and edited selectively.

Thanks, Craig.

You are quite right about the reflections! I'll have to revisit it.

"Cracking" shot Sir, agree about the reflections but still one hell of a good shot.(y)

George.

Had another look at this one last night as I had a bit of time to kill between things. Much better balance between sky and water.

(low res version)

IMG_0019 by Craigus89, on Flickr

That's an improvement for sure. Love those foreground rocks!

Worth getting up early for, lovely shot. Know what you mean re the lie-in,much more appealing Lol.

Back