Baker's Quay...Gloucester

I have a lot of stuff like this around the site where I work right now, potentially interesting semi-destruction enclosed with wire fencing. I'm really struggling to get something that doesn't look like a snap of a demolition site, and suspect the only way to get anything better that a record shot is to actually get inside the wire fence.

Like many of my own shots, neither of these are at all satisfying because they are taken from outside, compositionally they have nothing going for them and the lighting isn't adding anything either. If you could get closer, concentrate on detail, find a way to take us inside even, then I think you'd have something much more powerful. Please forgive my bluntness, but I struggle with the same issue.

Hi Jeff, I disagree that they have "nothing" go for them.
I prefer the second, and really like the contrast of gloomy looking building and sunny foreground and blue sky. Also, wether intentional or not, the birds add some life (hope) to an otherwise hopeless scene.
If it was mine, I'd be tempted with a mono conversion, but then I tend to see a B&W in most shots.

Was this the one gutted by fire recently?

Back