Baku F1

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
I know this was a while ago and we are approaching the end of the season, but I thought I would share a few from this years Baku. This will be the last time I watch this live, after 3 years living here we move back to the UK next month. My observation is that each year it has gotten harder to take pictures, more fencing layers, more restrictions on where you can go, some of the previous areas no longer accessible to Joe public. I am curious if this is felt by others at other tracks? My only other reference is a few years visiting Silverstone, which is tough to shoot but it was consistent in my visits.

Baku is hard and so you have to try and get quite creative. One of the best different viewing spots is actually from the top level of the carpark behind Fountain Square, above the KFC, in case anyone ever visits. I've even seen a couple of Darren Heath shots taken from up there!

Overall 2019 felt my least rewarding to shoot, but I still took a couple I was happy with.

C&C welcome.

A few more on my Flickr stream.

Thanks

Alan

IMG_8094 by Alan, on Flickr

IMG_7613-Edit by Alan, on Flickr

IMG_6588 by Alan, on Flickr
Taken from the top of the carpark, just before he put it in the wall in qualifying

IMG_6169 by Alan, on Flickr

IMG_5992 by Alan, on Flickr
From the support race

IMG_7564 by Alan, on Flickr

IMG_7077 by Alan, on Flickr

Classy set:) Numbers 1, 2, 6, & 7 are my choice for their exceptional dramatic and visual impact(y)

Some interesting images there.

As to the track restrictions most circuits are the same that have powerful engines. apparently Brands hatch had to get more fencing in place to hold the DTM's.

Been to Silverstone myself and felt personally it was an easy track compared to others holding high profile events.

Back