Critique balconies

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
ACtC-3fSlk2hxixYxkcfSzIVVO4HTkvMzHicujm5AsQ5947jXyR4nLEvWe0qHGEbIheAuPsnTqnbxo5uH5-XdSB-akAYQw2H_RtJsToGhDHvm8b9VEsHONCUfFy6PlqgNpcgPwrAlfWuV3BEykpokYu_zP2Gdg=w1588-h867-no

I can't see anything to crit there except I'd like just a little less blank sky, but that's a matter of personal taste. (y)

I can't see anything to crit there except I'd like just a little less blank sky, but that's a matter of personal taste. (y)
Thank you Toni

The sky at the time didn't have much interest, I tried merging brackets, looked messy, then thought I'd go minimal. ;)

I like the symmetry- lack of sky is an issue, for me at any rate, still a shot I'd be proud to have taken

Les :)

For me it works well, more sky detail would distract from the graphic nature of the edge. The angle really works which intrigues me because my analytical brain says it shouldn't but my creative brain is happy to sort out what is going on. If I had any crit it is the loss of detail in the balcony fronts towards the left of the image, perhaps reduce highlights across all the balconies?

For me it works well, more sky detail would distract from the graphic nature of the edge. The angle really works which intrigues me because my analytical brain says it shouldn't but my creative brain is happy to sort out what is going on. If I had any crit it is the loss of detail in the balcony fronts towards the left of the image, perhaps reduce highlights across all the balconies?
Thanks Chris.

Re the angle: I took one shot with the camera tilted, took a step forward and a step to the left for another shot with the same tilt. It was that second one I ended up using. It came out portrait, whereas the first shot came out landscape orientation, so I rotated it 90 deg. to give me the image I thought I was shooting. I must have gone just past tipping point. :thinking:

Not as good as the first, posted above, but thought I'd share it anyway

ACtC-3dDHTqMvlHsdwNYI86rER54G5cE8bjIfzhyB2hbSz8VFXABVWzzN_vLCXi0TsOlB64PBlPXplMVjgjwoozeBaDtKai1A6LVxU80THnjCOhUKTqVwl_geSBjXeLn3oWkcNtHAMF83lOg1_UXvL0a4PYpRw=w1036-h867-no

Back