Bali holiday

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I'm off to Bali in a couple of weeks, well first I'm going to Kuala Lumpur, and then on to Bali, staying in ubud and nusa Lembongan. I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for photographic places to visit that might not have come up on the usual travel search. I believe that portrait photography is probably going to be the bulk of my shots, but I'd be interested to see what other things there are to see.

It's been many years since I last went, but outside Ubud there are some fantastic paddy fields - well worth doing a little walking.
We headed up a tiny path and got utterly lost, dehydrated but met the most amazing people who took us in, fed us and pointed us in completely the wrong direction, possibly down to our poor communication skills...
9 hours later we found a proper road and got a lift. Sadly I didn't even own a decent camera, but I've always promised myself a return trip.
Have fun (it would be hard not to) and good luck !
Sorry I can't be more helpful..

We were there summer 2015. From Ubud we did one trip climbing Mt Batur, fun and great views from the top. You start very early, leave Ubud about 4am.

We also did quad biking up in the north, also from Ubud, very photogenic. Went with http://baliquad.com - they were well located and excellent.

There's a great monkey temple near Ubud. Lots of fun. Avoid the elephant place. It's a bit theme park and really sad if you're seen elephants in the wild.

We then did R&R in Denpasar and went to a couple of temples along the coast, but the thing is chill all day great restaurant/bars at night. Some really classy places. The odd thing was that loads of Chinese newly weds fly in to take wedding photos on the beach. It's very odd.

20774308772_b15b4eee28_z.jpg

20624030529_415d62a235_z.jpg

21091648762_bc1bfeff8e_z.jpg

They don't do this in Brighton

21075542006_e74e12c029_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back