Ballintoy, County Antrim, Northern Ireland

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
No
Feedback very welcome and encouraged. I normally just make global adjustments to my images but I spend some time increasing the contrast in the sky for this shot. I would love to hear opinions on whether you think it is overdone or not. I was going for drama, but with a healthy dose of realism rather than surrealism! I have posted a vertical shot from the same session before, but this image is totally reworked and I'm much happier with it.

Canon 6D, Canon 16-35mm L @ 16mm, 2s @ f16, ISO 50

Ballintoy-Turbulent-Waves-Northern-Ireland-Landscape-Photography.jpg

Lots of drama in the FG water, which I like. It's a little over processed for me. A lot of noise in the sky and I find the bright sky over the rocks in the BG seems to have lost detail.

Cheers.

I can see what you've tried to do, but to me it is a little too surreal. Perhaps turn the saturation down a notch?

A nice composition, but yes....the editing has been pushed too far.
I'd have another, gentler, crack at it.

Wonderfully dramatic view, what a great coastline you have to play with. I was initially thinking it would benefit from a crop off the right hand side, but a little off the left and top would do no harm either, I just feel it could be tightened up slightly. I also think it's slightly over processed, but to my eyes all it needs is a quick play in PS - Shadows/Highlights to even out those tones (the dark areas are too dark and contrasty), decrease saturation and a clarity reduction either with the Camera Raw filter of Gaussian Blur (I admit it seems odd to suggest these things as an antidote to overprocessing but it should help)

Back