Critique Ballintoy (Northern Ireland)

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
Yes
First time I've went out alone with my camera and probably the most enjoyable yet. Spent around 4 hours here last night, was tempted to stay after dark to try some stars but it was a 45min drive home.

Instead of starting another thread about sensor cleaning I also want to ask if people think it's overkill getting a clean done by jessops for one spot? I got rid of a few with the rocket blower but the last one wont budge.

As always any feedback welcome.

DSC_0554 by jonnyh89, on Flickr

DSC_0637 by jonnyh89, on Flickr

DSC_0585 by jonnyh89, on Flickr

DSC_0644 by jonnyh89, on Flickr

DSC_0632 by jonnyh89, on Flickr

I really liked 3 too!

In terms of the spot on the sensor I would personally leave the clean and just take the spot out in post. Keep trying with the blower from time to time and have sensor cleaning on if the camera supports it but unless it was super dirty I wouldn't part with the cash just yet. It's up to you though.

Thanks, camera has sensor cleaning turned on. I think i'll leave it for a bit and get it done if/when it gets more stubborn dust.

Hey Johnny, its an awsome spot and I go there loads too, you should try the walk around to White Park Bay (dont wear good clothes and get a decent pair of shoes/boots) some great coast there if you get good conditions. Like your number 2 its a great shot. Im heading up to Ballycastle tonight or tomorrow night.

Didn't even know you could walk round that way, I never left the harbour so that's an excuse for another trip. Haven't been to Ballycastle yet but I'll head there sometime. I'll keep an eye out for your shots.

I'll be heading to Portstewart on Friday night to have a go at the fireworks.

Didn't even know you could walk round that way, I never left the harbour so that's an excuse for another trip. Haven't been to Ballycastle yet but I'll head there sometime. I'll keep an eye out for your shots.

I'll be heading to Portstewart on Friday night to have a go at the fireworks.

Yup, head along the walk to the far left of the car park and there is a small path, that leads you across a field, then a stoney beach and that will lead you to White Park Bay :), watch for the tides though.

Back