Wild Bamburgh sunset.

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Bamburgh but not the sunrise which seems to be very popular, living outside Glasgow the sunset is much easier to do :D

I saw Martin's images last week from here and damnit I had to visit. I didn't quite get all the bits together but I came away with a few images I'm happy with.

Bamburgh II by Chris Marr, on Flickr

Bamburgh sunset by Chris Marr, on Flickr

It's a busy wee spot, sadly I couldn't move much for different compositions due to the gang of togs standing beside and behind me

First image for me! Love it

The first image has a much punchier foreground and draws my eye in ! The second one doesn’t do that

Liking both images, but the first just pips it for me; the darker, sombre and more foreboding mode sits well with the composition.

Last edited:
Just the right length of exposure. I was close to Bamburgh yesterday but was about 3 hours too early for sunset. Not that there was ever gonna be one. And it started raining.

The first is very nice I like 1 sec shutter speed for that on the second I reckon 1 sec was too long

Lovely light and colour in the sky. I do prefer a more off-centre composition, but agree you've nailed the shutter speed in the first shot - just the right amount of movement. Did you use an ND filter?

First for me... water movement in foreground is exceptional

The first one looks very nice. Second is ok but not really a patch on the first

Yep, agree. Sunset photography on the East coast is usually a concept quickly dismissed (except Hunstanton ;) )

This is true but it's flawed thinking! You can have lovely soft colours in the opposite direction to the sun as proven here

Back