North England Bamford Edge

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone been up Bamford edge for Sunrise?

What route would you take from the station if you were heading up? I'll have about an hour n half to get up so no really an issue time wise but id rather not break my leg so easy route would be a bonus.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Not been there for sunrise. As you mention starting at the station I'm guessing you are arriving by train and don't have any other transport. If so, the easiest (pretty much the only) way is to head into the village along the main road and and take a right up hill towards the road that skirts the west and south side of the edge. Then just follow paths to the top.

Dave

Not been there for sunrise. As you mention starting at the station I'm guessing you are arriving by train and don't have any other transport. If so, the easiest (pretty much the only) way is to head into the village along the main road and and take a right up hill towards the road that skirts the west and south side of the edge. Then just follow paths to the top.

Dave

Thanks, the other half has the car for the weekend so I'm on the train. Been trying to find suitable walking directions online but everything seems the scenic route...

Wont even have time to head over with car before she takes it for weekend.

Has anyone been up Bamford edge for Sunrise?

What route would you take from the station if you were heading up? I'll have about an hour n half to get up so no really an issue time wise but id rather not break my leg so easy route would be a bonus.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tricky for sunrise it being west facing but doable.

check out this book: all the Paek info in one handy package: https://www.fotovue.com/shop/books/photographing-peak-district/

all the best,

Mick

Didn't end up going out in the end... 5am on a Saturday morning when I was off to a gig that night didn't seem like a great idea.

Be heading out in the new year, this time in the car :)

Back