Banquetting house, Chipping Campden.

this may have had a little help.

I'm sure a lot of people will like it, nothing wrong with it at all but personally I am a bit unconvinced by the level of contrast between the bright building and the dullness of the rest of the scene

Very appealing :)

Thank you gentlemen.

I'm sure a lot of people will like it, nothing wrong with it at all but personally I am a bit unconvinced by the level of contrast between the bright building and the dullness of the rest of the scene

You're quite right about that, and the bushes & grass could also use a little work, having only bumped what was already there on the building and wall.

That looks like the East one?

Yes, they are the only usable remains from the massive house that was there (of which there is just the remaining ruin). I think they were used for relaxing in after a banquet, rather than for actually banqueting. The main house was deliberately burnt down and you can see the result of this in the town - lots of red hued bands in the stone on the buildings. The stone turned red in the extreme heat of the fire.

The two banqueting houses are quite different internally; the one you photographed has more rooms, that are more modernised. The other one is, I believe, more like it would have been.

Back