Barbies Wheels

Name
Renee
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first try at anything like this. I'm not sure if it is good but the colours and contrast really caught my eye. What do you think I could do better??

425x275.aspx

Yup a good attempt. Nice, vibrant colours, and also contrasty to give a bit of punch.

Like Joe says, the lack of detail seems to hold it back, but well done on spotting the contrasting colours (y).

If it were me I may have tried it head on, half and half, with a vent on a 'third' in the top half.

I think we need to see this bigger to be able to comment properly on it, well it might bemy old eyes that can't quite work it out but I know that it must be a cadillac or something ;)

I personally think its the kind of photo that would look really good on canvas on a wall at one of those American diner places, looks like a caddy or a pink limo, but the colours work well and the reflections are nice too. The reflection in the glass blacked out window gives it extra depth.

Imho - it would work fantastically on canvas as part of a split image where you get the whole car but its split into separate canvas/frames.

Nicely done :)

I think my problem with it is the same as what you guys said. There just isn't anything there to make you want to keep looking at it. It was a pink limo stopped at a red light in Bradford. What I was going for was a reflection of the old boarded up building in the pic vs the shiny new limo. But it just doesn't quite do it. I don't think I'll ever be able to redo that shot but there are some good ideas for something similar. Thanks for the input so far!
Renee

You've gotta watch those red lights in Bradford, can't hang around there or you'll get arrested.

Or is that the red light district I'm thinking of?

I try not to go into Bradford city center whenever I can help it although I do have to drive through it to get to work and back every day, oh well. :)

You've gotta watch those red lights in Bradford, can't hang around there or you'll get arrested.

Or is that the red light district I'm thinking of?

I try not to go into Bradford city center whenever I can help it although I do have to drive through it to get to work and back every day, oh well. :)

I work at Provident Financial wich is in the red light of Bradford! It is so bad they give us each a personal alarm!! I used to work in Leeds' red light (Cable and Wireless not the street corner) and I'm beginning to think that someone is trying to tell me something.

I worked there in IT support for 6 months :) about 5 years ago, in fact I drove past Provident not more than 30 minutes ago on the rat run from Idle to Clayton Heights, yay.

I got one of those personal alarms too :D

I got one of those personal alarms too :D

Don't worry Darksaber, I'm sure you could scare off any would be approachers with that wonderful sense of humour you have :D

Agree about the Diner/restaurant comment & think even though comments have been made about the amount of content to hold the viewers attention, I think you've got it right in this case IMO. I am not 100% sure why but I really like this shot. Well done (y)

I try not to go into Bradford city center whenever I can help it

I quite like Bradford city centre. Got quite a few useful 'people' shots there recently during the food festival couple of weeks back.

Ray

Back