Barcelona - Street - Day Four

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
Again, these are very nice. Seems like you had a very good time there.

Thanks, yea it's been good - enjoyed different environments in which to look for scenes/environmental portrait stuff. Taking the attitude that something that looks pretty is just a background for a human subject :)

my back has been hurting a lot this holiday.. not sure why it's been so bad.

Thanks, yea it's been good - enjoyed different environments in which to look for scenes/environmental portrait stuff. Taking the attitude that something that looks pretty is just a background for a human subject :)

my back has been hurting a lot this holiday.. not sure why it's been so bad.

Same thing happened to me every time I went there, maybe it was because of lots of walking around.
I used to carry my Canon system around.
Now it is not so bad, I carry XT-1 and X-Pro 1 with three lenses which doesn't hurt my back so much.

Same thing happened to me every time I went there, maybe it was because of lots of walking around.
I used to carry my Canon system around.
Now it is not so bad, I carry XT-1 and X-Pro 1 with three lenses which doesn't hurt my back so much.

I only took my A7S and 35mm 1.4, although still weights over 1kg and occasionally I wore a leather camera bag. We certainly did a lot of walking!

I have followed this series avidly. The first picture in day two is so untypical of Barcelona. It’s as if time has stood still at that corner and B/W really suites it. A series like this allows us all to see somewhere else through somebody else’s eyes. The real Barcelona, not an impression give by a travel brochure or similar.

Great set, well done.

For those of you wanting to more about today’s Barcelona.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdXcFChRpmI

Love Barca. Been a few times myself. I Love the contract between old buildings and Grafiti...

Nice set of Images Dan. Im wondering if the Market images are of the Market just off Las Ramblas?

Love Barca. Been a few times myself. I Love the contract between old buildings and Grafiti...

Nice set of Images Dan. Im wondering if the Market images are of the Market just off Las Ramblas?[/QUOTE

Mercado de La Boqueria

Last edited:
I too have followed your journey in Barca, and Think you have done a great job.
A fav for this set is No1, just love the expressions.
The subjects are concentrated extreme left, but the image is held in balance by including the cycles on the right.
Beautiful processing throughout also.
Makes me want to visit.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm home, I'm tired and I'm going down with a cold :)

Thought i'd add some behind the scenes photos :)

11919119_10156223999825227_3740797661147523956_o.jpg

11882256_10156229037110227_535846155370971105_o.jpg

11896342_10156229031490227_1467800058869069777_o.jpg

Great set of photos Dan. Nice to see the 7s being put to good use. tempted to take my X-T1 out with just the 27mm on to see what i can get as well

Last edited:
Great set of photos Dan. Nice to see the 7s being put to good use. te,pted to take my X-T1 out with just the 27mm on to see what i can get as well

Right before I'm about to start thinking of selling it too ;D cheers

Always the way..... the group shot in the last set is quite superb.... lovely bokeh as well. I think its a keeper of a camera, for now :D

A great set of photos. It brings it all back to me - last year when we visited for a few days. A great place with a lot of character. I also seem to remember drinking a bit too much!

Lovely set Dan, 1 & 3 especially. Looks like you had a great time & have some crackers to being home with you

Thanks guys :) yup the mark of a good trip is that I come back having expanded my flickr portfolio.

Back