Barn Owl, Kestrel... not everyones cup of tea...

Nice set of captive bird shots :)

Niiiiice… the first three for me! (y)(y)(y)

Thanks Guys.. I do understand the captive bit... just life is short of time, I do these projects more for the lighting of things..

Colin i' very much tend to scrubble about in the mud looking for the wild beasties that surround us.I don't think the captive side comes much into this. You've been honest about it,what's not to like.

For me mate a joy to view pretty inspiring actually for a guy learning this ,that also has little time.... love the light and the way you have explored that aspect

very cool mate thanks for sharing

Stu

Colin i' very much tend to scrubble about in the mud looking for the wild beasties that surround us.I don't think the captive side comes much into this. You've been honest about it,what's not to like.

For me mate a joy to view pretty inspiring actually for a guy learning this ,that also has little time.... love the light and the way you have explored that aspect

very cool mate thanks for sharing

Stu

Thanks Stu... I was rather pleased with this, I myself spend a lot of time in muddy fields but shooting Motocross, I would love to have more time shooting nature, I had been trying to capture a barny at the farm I work at, they have an MX track... But time restraints I had no way of capturing the bird lit... That's the other problem with me , I shot everything with lighting, even nature. Some projects are easier then other, kites are easy but as long as all the lighting gear is camouflaged properly..

So this is why I went for captive birds, I couldn't wait any longer, just needed to see what they looked like with my lighting...

Thanks guys for the understanding...

Thanks Stu... I was rather pleased with this, I myself spend a lot of time in muddy fields but shooting Motocross, I would love to have more time shooting nature, I had been trying to capture a barny at the farm I work at, they have an MX track... But time restraints I had no way of capturing the bird lit... That's the other problem with me , I shot everything with lighting, even nature. Some projects are easier then other, kites are easy but as long as all the lighting gear is camouflaged properly..

So this is why I went for captive birds, I couldn't wait any longer, just needed to see what they looked like with my lighting...

Thanks guys for the understanding...

Colin,when you have time,or there might be info out there already if so could you point me to any details of that lighting set up please? I'm curious mate.

Buddy we are all different,I can't see myself ever using lights but that doesn't make me not interested in how others approach their image making,I think that's the key isn't your image making ,your style. There is always. something to learn Colin plus it's just plain cool seeing someone go after something and put some thought into it. As I say mate i love the results.

Buddy i'm pulling some damn hours of late I'd totally understand if you haven't time,i'd not want to derail your thread either,just feel there is sommit to learn tis all,they are inspiring Col.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea buddy I don't know?. I like the exploration of light which is what togging is about. The subjects care is naturally paramount to me but I don't doubt that it is any different for you

cheers for the reply

stu

Colin,when you have time,or there might be info out there already if so could you point me to any details of that lighting set up please? I'm curious mate.

Buddy we are all different,I can't see myself ever using lights but that doesn't make me not interested in how others approach their image making,I think that's the key isn't your image making ,your style. There is always. something to learn Colin plus it's just plain cool seeing someone go after something and put some thought into it. As I say mate i love the results.

Buddy i'm pulling some damn hours of late I'd totally understand if you haven't time,i'd not want to derail your thread either,just feel there is sommit to learn tis all,they are inspiring Col.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea buddy I don't know?. I like the exploration of light which is what togging is about. The subjects care is naturally paramount to me but I don't doubt that it is any different for you

cheers for the reply

stu

Hi Stu.. no probs, I only come on here once a week normally, lurking in the back viewing some great work...

I've shot with a mixture of lighting over the last eight years, normally flying motorcycles, my main work. But for the last three years I been turning my lighting to other subjects, nature one of them... This set of images was taken using a set of Pixapro Citi 600's, most just a single unit, flight ones are two...fitted with a 60cm octobox. All the birds paid no attention at all, I've photographed a bit of nature, garden birds, squirrels, Icelandic horses, all paid no attention. But a show jumping horse was a pain in the arse. a real diva..

Hope this helps.

Lovely work and in producing a fabulous set.
Your interest in the light paid off !
First 2 for me.

Back