1. Gaz J

Gaz J

Name:
    Gary
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Had a few days in Norfolk and came across an almost pure white Barn Owl. It just had a small spot of colour on the top of each wing. Watched it hunting up and down the side of the road for about 20 minutes.

Had a bit of wing damage, maybe fighting with a kestrel over food.

Ironically 2 years ago I photographed another Barn Owl sitting on the next fence post. Same time of year, same time of day pretty much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. Kodiak Qc

Kodiak Qc Suspended / Banned

Name:
    French Canadian living in Europe since 1989!
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Woooaaah! :jawdrop:

3. PINNACLE

PINNACLE

Name:
    Martin
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  4. Box Brownie

Box Brownie

Edit My Images:
    No
    Simply superb and even more as it is a leucistic variant. :)

5. Stuart Philpott

Stuart Philpott

Name:
    Stu
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Gaz top drawer as always,I didn't know they existed,thanks for sharing ,certainly an enlightenmant for me. Buddy the one a couple of years back ,was that also almost white,i'm unsure from your post but curious?

thannks

stu

6. gramps

gramps

Edit My Images:
    No
    Lovely spot. :)

7. shotokan101

shotokan101

Name:
    Jim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Great set

Jim

8. boogie 16

boogie 16

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Absolutely stunning set of shots.

9. Gaz J

Gaz J

Name:
    Gary
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks for the kind comments. Appreciated

Stuart - The owl 2 years ago was a different owl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

boogie 16 likes this.
  10. derbydude

derbydude

Edit My Images:
    No
    A cracking set I've not seen one that light

11. Stuart Philpott

Stuart Philpott

Name:
    Stu
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Best call me stu bro..... I only get the long version when I'm severely in the dog house.:D

Mate, ya don't post much here now, always loved your work and remember the time and thoughts to help me along,cheers

Gaz the second lot are really lovely not just for the image sake,but they also show someone like me whom has never seen anything like your first set how different from the norm the first is.

I clocked what I thought to be a very pale barnie recently. the owl raised q's in my mind as to how much they do vary in the gold areas. I'd love to know just how common this white varient ,I think Laurence is right leucistic jeepers mutant owls,now there's a thing !!

Your owl is breathtaking Gaz not just the images, There is that nick name of ghost with barnies, tis befitting or your fella.

Mind the wire does me head in.......................part of the joy of the wolds Gaz, is the drystone. Mind even with miles of it in the wolds the last barnie I made an image of was yes on a wired post.;):D

cheers so cool to see TFS

stu

12. pooley

pooley

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    A nice set Gaz, unusual to see that colouring

Mike

13. peter r

peter r

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Stunning set of images.

14. cruso

cruso

Name:
    kevin
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  15. dancook

dancook

Edit My Images:
    No
  16. holty

holty

Edit My Images:
    No
    cracking shots

17. Gaz J

Gaz J

Name:
    Gary
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Stu it is then .

Not done a lot of photography over the last 12 months. Thought with retiring I would be doing more but it hasn't worked out that way unfortunately. However dragonflies and damselflies will be starting soon so that'll give me a reason to get out.

Don't know how common leucistic barnies are. I've seen luecisitc kites, blackbirds and jackdaws but this is a first Owl for me although I've seen a few pale ones they have always had a lot of marking just a lot lighter than normal. My mate who was with me said that he'd not seen one like this before and he sees them all the time. It must be unusual because every photographer we spoke to was talking about it. Guess we were lucky enough to get a few shots.

Yeah the wire doesn't look great but I've started to try and photograph Wildlife a bit more in their environment now. If I get the chance for close ups great, if not then showing it in its natural setting works for me.

18. Stuart Philpott

Stuart Philpott

Name:
    Stu
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks again Gaz,I hope things go well with the retirement. . Yeah we see a fair few,used to have one hunting right besides the house,the old landowner looked out for the owls,but never anything like this,I suspect very rare mate.

Thanks again sorry clogging up your thread,just so interested in what you have posted

take care

19. Gaz J

Gaz J

Name:
    Gary
    Edit My Images:
    No
    You're not clogging it up Stu

Stuart Philpott likes this.