Battersea Power Station.

Edit My Images
Yes
Great shot Tony, good composition and spot on exposure. Some nice reflections and the leaves framing works very well.(y)

George.

Just lost my reply to this so will try again !

Great reflections here, and like the light pollution from behind - almost like power emanating from the station !

Several years ago, I had the chance to (legally) get inside and have a look around - although I got some photos, would love to get back there now and have another go.

Would also like to try this angle from across the river, but sounds like time is running out..

Good work on the exhibition too...

YES, this is cool stuff!!!

The extended dynamic range required for the capture of such scene is not
reflected in this rendition. The strategy in such situation is to take a second
shot say -2 or 3 ƒ stops (here for the 2 hot spots) and built them in in PP.

Last edited:
I love that !

Great shot of an iconic building - how something so industrial can be so beautiful is just amazing !

I like it but I find the border leaves/branches a bit distracting!

I too like the image being framed by the leaves, it brings out the light reflections and light pollution and it works fantastically well. Also the contrast of the golden tones and the overall "metallic grey" tones. Well done!

There are bits I really dislike about your image (over sharpening/haloing and burned out areas) but that aside, I think it's a cracking image :) Fantastic viewpoint, beautiful colour palette and very well spotted.

Excellent, well captured (y)

Thanks for all the comments, appreciated.

Just lost my reply to this so will try again !

Great reflections here, and like the light pollution from behind - almost like power emanating from the station !

Several years ago, I had the chance to (legally) get inside and have a look around - although I got some photos, would love to get back there now and have another go.

Would also like to try this angle from across the river, but sounds like time is running out..

Good work on the exhibition too...

Its a little different now, the whole place is a building site. Scaffolding around the place, cranes, 2 of the chimneys were down. Its a place that changes every time i go by it now.

YES, this is cool stuff!!!

The extended dynamic range required for the capture of such scene is not
reflected in this rendition. The strategy in such situation is to take a second
shot say -2 or 3 ƒ stops (here for the 2 hot spots) and built them in in PP.

There are bits I really dislike about your image (over sharpening/haloing and burned out areas) but that aside, I think it's a cracking image :) Fantastic viewpoint, beautiful colour palette and very well spotted.

It could have been done better I'm sure. Its not really my thing this type of image, was more of a little experiment and I'm not even a fan of it to be honest. But, it is certainly eye catching and i can see why people would like it.

The exhibition was fantastic, they had a great turnout and i even got a red dot.....

Untitled by ts446, on Flickr

Back