Battle of the Bitterns

A fantastic moment well captured. I love the way their hackles have risen, never knew they could do that!

Great sequence :)
- Many thanks Roger - it was quite an experience! :)
A fantastic moment well captured. I love the way their hackles have risen, never knew they could do that!
- Cheers Mr B - I've never seen them displaying like this, and doubt I never will again :)
Lucky you right place right time well captured
- Many thanks DD - definitely right place and time (unusually for me). :)

Russ

A cracking set Russ!
Congrats on catching the action (y)

Perhaps drop Springwatch an email with a link to the photos. I believe they're putting Winterwatch together at the moment and I imagine Mr Packham would be rubbing his thighs if he sees your photos and hears that story! :)

Make sure you don't inadvertently sign the rights to your photos away though, so perhaps think carefully before considering the above idea! I'm sure someone on here could give you some advice on suitable contract type wording to make sure it's a 'one use only' job for that show. I think it would be a shame not to share them, but you don't want someone else making money out of your photos if you're good enough to let someone use them free of charge for what you thought was 'single use only' on one TV episode (and any subsequent repeats of that one particular episode).

Last edited:
You must have thought "Oh joy".
Just fantastic

Perhaps drop Springwatch an email with a link to the photos. I believe they're putting Winterwatch together at the moment and I imagine Mr Packham would be rubbing his thighs if he sees your photos and hears that story!
Make sure you don't inadvertently sign the rights to your photos away though, so perhaps think carefully before considering the above idea! I'm sure someone on here could give you some advice on suitable contract type wording to make sure it's a 'one use only' job for that show. I think it would be a shame not to share them, but you don't want someone else making money out of your photos if you're good enough to let someone use them free of charge for what you thought was 'single use only' on one TV episode (and any subsequent repeats of that one particular episode).
- thanks for your thoughts Mr B, but I'm not sure that the image quality would be good enough for that purpose - they may look OK on a small screen, but would not be suitable for enlargement! :)
A Very nice Capture Russ
- Ta Kev mate, it was quite an experience :)
I would like to see just one,...………...
- precisely how I felt until I saw my first a couple of years ago......keep searching! :)
Cracking shots Russ, were they taken locally?
- shots taken at Far Ings NR in N Lincolnshire, Darren :)
You must have thought "Oh joy".
Just fantastic
- many thanks Keith, not only "Oh joy" was uttered I can assure you!:)

Russ

Back