Battle the storm.

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I think this is the best sky I've ever seen, so vibrant and moody with some stunning light. Now, not my usual subject but I had wanted to photograph some rapeseed fields locally to me. Turns out they are few and far between.

I arrived at this location and scouted for some compositions and this just....worked (for me). I know some won't like the pylons but I am please with the shot.

Any thoughts? Let me know :).

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kY9zow]Battle the storm. by Thomas Green, on Flickr[/URL]

I know most don’t like pylons and wind turbines but I find them very attractive in landscape photos. It could just be my background as an electrical engineer :LOL:

I can see this image being used in glossy magazines etc as the subject matter is spot on...Energy and the environment. It has that feel to it...I like it

Thanks so much, appreciate that. Might be worth contacting a few actually!

I know most don’t like pylons and wind turbines but I find them very attractive in landscape photos. It could just be my background as an electrical engineer :LOL:

Yes possibly! Glad you like it, thanks

love it, it has a bit of everything and too much of nothing. really nice.

Very kind, thank you!

When the sky’s like that any foreground/subject will do!! It’s a powerful image. I wouldn’t concern yourself with whether some people do or don’t like pilons...

"Cracking" shot Tom, nuff said.

Is it me, or does anyone else see that the pylons appear to be emanating from the sun as if the pylons were transporting the sun's energy? That's why I think this works. Otherwise, I don't like pylons normally.

i really like it too, normally hate pylons when they are in the shot as distractions, but these are catching the light in a very pleasing way. and yeah, that sky......

Without the pylons it is an interesting sky, quite a nice land/skyscape, pleasant enough. With the pylons the image becomes dynamic, it has meaning, it has impact; you should be very pleased with this picture just the way it is.

When the sky’s like that any foreground/subject will do!! It’s a powerful image. I wouldn’t concern yourself with whether some people do or don’t like pilons...

Thanks so much!

Superb shot!

Thank you.

"Cracking" shot Tom, nuff said.

Thank you!

THAT sky and THAT light...wowser.

Thanks Steve, wasn't sure you'd like this one!

Wow, epic light and very menacing clouds. Works for me!

Thanks very much!

Is it me, or does anyone else see that the pylons appear to be emanating from the sun as if the pylons were transporting the sun's energy? That's why I think this works. Otherwise, I don't like pylons normally.

I kind of see what you mean here, thanks for pointing that out!

i really like it too, normally hate pylons when they are in the shot as distractions, but these are catching the light in a very pleasing way. and yeah, that sky......

Thanks so much!

The light on that first pylon against that dark sky, just sublime. Terrific image Tom :)

Thanks very much mate!

Without the pylons it is an interesting sky, quite a nice land/skyscape, pleasant enough. With the pylons the image becomes dynamic, it has meaning, it has impact; you should be very pleased with this picture just the way it is.

Thank you very much!

Back