B&W Bawdsey Long Exposure(colour version added)

Edit My Images
No
I've been pretty busy lately & on the mornings I could get out for sunrise its been pretty bleak unfortunately so I decided with some cloud rolling across to the coast I would head to Bawdsey & try some long exposures. The big stopper hasn't seen a lot of use lately so it was also good to give it an airing. I've only processed this one as yet so should have some more to post later.

143 seconds at f/16, iso100.
Sweep by tomh198218, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Thanks guys.

Nie composition Tom, haven't been to Bawdsey for a while, recognise these concrete shapes but haven't seen them curving like this, good spot

Cheers Justin. The tide was fairly high when I was there & the bit I photographed here was almost like a semi circle on the beach. There was a mirror image of this shot at the other end if you know what I mean. Problem at the other end was it acted like a ramp for the water so I had to keep cleaning the filter. All good fun :)

Tremendous sky in that long exposure Tom and a strong conversion to black and white. What was the colour image like?

Wow!
I wouldn't change a thing about this.

Thanks again!

Tremendous sky in that long exposure Tom and a strong conversion to black and white. What was the colour image like?

The original colour version is quite muted in colour as it had gone a little dull at the time it was taken. I'll post it up later if I get chance!

Cheers

Rather like the colour version. Nice balance of colour works well.

Oh Colour!!
Definitely colour for me :)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I think I like them equally in different ways. Can't decide on one!

I far prefer the colour shot personally! But either way, it's a cracker with the lead of the foreground and the streaming clouds.

Nice, colour work well. I'm always eager to turn LE's to B and W buit I think they sometimes work really well in colour as well.

Tom, I think both are super, a preference for one or the other is irrelevant. I take the view that you should post one or the other, posting the B&W then the colour leads to inappropriate thoughts :- )...I really mean that it is a distraction. The original B&W is excellent, why not let forum members concentrate on your original vision. The colour version undoubtedly deserves a separate thread of its own - it is a different interpretation, therefore a distinct piece of work in its own right, it should stand alone.

Both great shots in their own right there Tom.

I often have that dilemma - liking both versions and there's nothing wrong with that but I think you need to set out saying this is the B&W OR Colour shot and run from there. Both (as I have found) muddies the waters !!

Back