Beach bike

Nice idea… maybe a step or two to left so to shift
the bike off the central position?

Indeed a little to the left might have been better, but I really didn't put much effort into thinking about composition in the first place. I was tired. D'oh.

Sometimes not everything has to be perfectly composed.
This is a good photo of the end to your day.
It still tells a story, whether the bike is in the middle, the left or the right.
If I was going to compose for a more compositional (is that a word?) photo, I would put the bike on the right to balance out the sun :)

The bike trail going off to the left IMO helps with the composition despite the bike being centrally placed and it's a nice sunset to remember the day ... those are some serious tyres you've got there Beth :)

Nice idea… maybe a step or two to left so to shift
the bike off the central position?
and for me maybe 1/2 or 1 step further back or the bike twisted a little bit more, to me it looks like it's exiting the frame taking my eyes with it.

Pete

I echo previous posts, those are some fat tyres! Lovely balance of light for me that you've captured, what a great spot for a ride.

I like the pic but would really like the 'fatboy Bike'speciallymade for riding sandy/muddy surfaces.

I'm a guessin' I'm the odd one out here Ma'am, 'cause I like the shot as it is.(y)

George.

Thanks guys! Comments appreciated and duly noted.

For the curious, it's a Felt DD70 fatbike, with a few too many upgrades. Tyres are Surly Bud at 4.8 inches wide which does mean it'll float over the beach where other bikes grind to a halt. It's also good on the forest roads and singletrack/trails. Brilliant fun, and always come back grinning!

Back