beach sunset

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, thought i'll share this with you on my recent visit to happisburgh. More a snapshot as the sea was round my ankles and the light was fading fast, but it was nice to see a hint of a sunset and an empty beach.

beach sunset by woody174, on Flickr

I know it's a snapshot but I didn't think it was that bad!

quite like this, WB seems a little off but i like the way the sea leads you in.

Paul, is the horizon just a shade "off" - slightly down on the right

I'll be honest....from the light in general, and especially in the clouds, this appears to me to be taken a little earlier than sunset, but underexposed.
By the look of the surroundings, this place has the potential for some wonderful shots.

The camera says it was shot 2 years ago in the morning.
At 1/15 sec it was probably taken on a tripod so why not stop down more than f 6.3 and get a little movement in the water. I agree about the WB it looks a bit off is the colour cast in the sky from a filter.

Edit
You need to adjust your Flcikr setting anyone can downlaod teh full size images you have on there.

Last edited:
Thanks For the advice. It was never going to be a winner, just something I snapped as I rushed back to the car. Something strange going through because exif data says it was shot two years ago on a nikon 7100 with 10mm lens if only! Not sure what's going on it was shot last week on kit Lens for nikon 3100 and handheld, no way could it be 1/15 without shake.

Thanks For the advice. It was never going to be a winner, just something I snapped as I rushed back to the car. Something strange going through because exif data says it was shot two years ago on a nikon 7100 with 10mm lens if only! Not sure what's going on it was shot last week on kit Lens for nikon 3100 and handheld, no way could it be 1/15 without shake.

Thats very wierd. It sounds liek your camera is having an identity chrisis.

If only it was a 7100 with 10-20 Lens because I would be very happy!

Back