weekly .

Roger

Oval - nice simple image, good colours and detail, not sure if a tiny bit of motion blur would improve the shot or not.

Straight - processing on the image gives an antiquated feel. nice find and good for having a go at focus stacking.

Pete

Straight
Nice composition, not sure about the processing, just not to my tastes. I think it's just the white vignetting, there's lots of detail in the sand, gravel etc.

Great photo, and I like the vintage post processing!

Hi Roger,

Oval - Very nicely caught mid flight. Getting the logo on the ball the right way up and not twisted must have taken some effort / numerous attempts. Good to see a little blue in the sky too!

Straight - You don't realise what it is at first glance, which makes you look closely, which is good.
I really like that, the plate feel does it proud, it really does work. Stacked eh? Tried it once, failed, and never went back. Maybe I should try some more.

I might have reduced the exposure a bit but one of the best "unattractive" photos for the theme I think, unattractive at multiple levels.

Urgh - I can smell those cigs through the screen! Tix the box :)

Unattractive it is. I used to do Old Holborn with green Rizlas, but it never looked that unattractive. (y)

Hi Roger,

Unattractive - Bang on for the theme. Nice bright colours. Perhaps a bit tight at the bottom?
Shadow - AC/DC tribute band? Certainly fits the theme and looks like a lot of fun.

Really like your shadow photo, may be you should shoot more under the influence :D

Hi Roger, you've posted three really good images since my last visit. Unattractive is a good idea, well arranged and definitely unattractive in more than one way. Shadow is a really strong image with warm colours and I like the lines from the top of the tent/awning down to the shadow figures at the bottom. Low rider is another original take on the theme and although I know nothing about motorbikes I expect we'll be seeing similar over here (IOM) in a few weeks! I really like the orange paintwork, which draws the eye, and the low viewpoint (y)

Love the shot for low Roger nice work. Great colours and choice of angle

unattractive - nicely composed unattractiveness
shadow - that's on theme and I like the atmosphere
low - great colours, and great big bike

Shadow, was looking to get a picture of a Vincent Black Shadow but could not find one, :( so here is one taken outside a Hells Bells show, drunk with a camera phone! Great night and I like the shot, so there! Growing Old disgracefully :woot:

Finding a Vincent would indeed be tricky these days, but I do like the shot and also the sentiment !

Unattractive - image certainly fits the theme, best thing i ever did was to give up smoking.
Shadow - good take and nice colours.
Low - nice colour on the bike, and the low point of view works well for the shot, while Harley's are not my kind of motorbike ( im more into sports bikes ) its a pleasing shot and the BG is good as well.

Nice shot for match Roger, I can see what's going through his mind

I used to play but I work every Saturday now so I'm unable to which is a shame. I might have to get down to my local club to try get some shots if I get chance

Well captured Roger. Did you have to wait long for the shot?:D or perhaps he was batting at No 11:)

Unattractive - I have certainly never seen the attraction spot on for the theme.
Shadow - I like the colour great spot for the theme.
Low - nice low PoV on the bike shot great colours I like it
Match - great action shot, I tried getting some shots of a cricket game but I was too far away and they were not as sharp as I would like.

Last edited:
That's a nice one, well timed, mid-swing as the ball hits the wicket!

Back