Bearded tit

Nice one Kevin, shame about the OOF reed which I assume was going in front of the body, but still.

Fantastic shot! You have been lucky to see one let alone shoot one! I call them the same, I got frowned upon on another forum for calling these a Bearded Tit and was told they are a Bearded Reedling?

Fabulous bird and nice alert pose, great capture in its environment Kev ... @David Mercer my Collins Guide calls it a Bearded Reedling but I doubt many togs would recognise that name and would generally refer to it as a Bearded Tit. :)

Yeah, Think that's where the confusion starts as my Collins Guide to British Birds (2015) refers to them as a Bearded Tit :banghead:

Really attractive bird Kevin, I can see that you have experienced strong sun and shadows .... really sharpe around the eye ....... obviously the bg noise is noticeable and it depends if you care for bg NR which would smooth out the bg, reeds and all

Maybe the colours in the bird could be just slightly stronger, (not the black), but the sunlight has affected these as it has the "whites"

Lovely bird to see and another quality shot from you

Last edited:
Right place right time Kevin nicely composed especially eyes.
GEORGE.

Love the pose and natural setting, Kevin...I agree with Bill re the Noise, removing it will only improve the shot.

Back