Bearded Tits

Lovely work Russ, I'm yet to see one, let alone photograph one, well done.

Late to the party here Russ, but numbers 2 and 3 are superb. First is decent, but the shadows on the face mean it lacks a little compared to the other 2 - mind you its still better than any Bearded tit shot I have!

Mike

Last edited:
Late to the party here Russ, but numbers 2 and 3 are superb. First is decent, but the shadows on the face mean it lacks a little compared to the other 2 - mind you its still better than any Bearded tit shot I have! Mike
Cheers Mike - it's never too late to join the party! Many thanks for comments and critique :)

Russ

No surprise you have so many comments, Russ. Quality photos,the last one I’d put in the ‘endearing‘ category too.(y)

There are members on this Bird forum where the name guarantees seeing top shots before you even open the thread and so it was. I thought, great.. these are lovely birds. I’ve seen and photographed Blue Tits, Great Tits and LTT but never even seen Bearded Tits. We usually holiday abroad and Lizard,Cornwall but next year we’re planning to go over to visit some of the ‘sites’..generally RSPB sites ..over in Norfolk and Lincs ( north Lincs was one suggestion by a couple of bird photogs we came across at Cannock Chase lakes last year) . It’s obviously the area of the country to go for birds and the destination for many species of migrating birds too. Having said that the first two Bewicks arrived at Slimbridge from Russia,via Holland on October 27th. and Whoopers have been sighted too.

What we won’t be doing is hiring a boat on the Broads...lol.

No surprise you have so many comments, Russ. Quality photos,the last one I’d put in the ‘endearing‘ category too.(y)

There are members on this Bird forum where the name guarantees seeing top shots before you even open the thread and so it was. I thought, great.. these are lovely birds. I’ve seen and photographed Blue Tits, Great Tits and LTT but never even seen Bearded Tits. We usually holiday abroad and Lizard,Cornwall but next year we’re planning to go over to visit some of the ‘sites’..generally RSPB sites ..over in Norfolk and Lincs ( north Lincs was one suggestion by a couple of bird photogs we came across at Cannock Chase lakes last year) . It’s obviously the area of the country to go for birds and the destination for many species of migrating birds too. Having said that the first two Bewicks arrived at Slimbridge from Russia,via Holland on October 27th. and Whoopers have been sighted too. What we won’t be doing is hiring a boat on the Broads...lol.

Many thanks, John - comments much appreciated!
If you would like to send me a PM closer to your travelling dates, I could give you some ideas for birding in N lincolnshire and E Yorkshire (but not N Norfolk as I am not too familiar with that county). :)

All the Best

Russ

Back