Beautiful in red

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
A series of images with lovely red sunrise/sunset colours and magical light.

The Peak of Mondoto at sunrise

_DSC2196 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

The view up the Anisclo Canyon at Sunet

_DSC2519 - 4x3 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Lovely light over the Puertolas Valley

_DSC5148 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Sunset in the Ordesa Valley

_DSC5247 - 1x1 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Pastel Pinks over Puertolas

_DSC5250 1x1 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Pena Montanesa glowing red

_DSC3702 - Version 22 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Midi D'Ossau glowing red

_DSC3202 - Version 3 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Midi D'Ossau Reflected

_DSC4132 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

I doubt that you would agree but the first one cropped to square as it appears on the home page makes a great image

I doubt that you would agree but the first one cropped to square as it appears on the home page makes a great image
I can see a square there. If I were to I would only be left with a 12mp file. Had a shot a much longer FL I could have lopped the sides off leaving a 24mp...

I'll be here hopefully in October with my 645z and will bare that in my mind as its a fine suggestion.

The first and last are great. Could the last do with a bit more contrast, specifically on the mountain?
The colour palate in the first is wonderful
I could de haze it. Looking at the last there's stacks of contrast at the front but the evening haze softens it all up - its a common and lovely feature of warm summer's is that the clarity diminishes with distance. Hence the colours are muted and the shadows on the mountain aren't terribly deep.

The de haze tool would remove it but I'm personally loathed to do so.

I could de haze it. Looking at the last there's stacks of contrast at the front but the evening haze softens it all up - its a common and lovely feature of warm summer's is that the clarity diminishes with distance. Hence the colours are muted and the shadows on the mountain aren't terribly deep.

The de haze tool would remove it but I'm personally loathed to do so.
I don't find myself particularly fond of the result of the dehaze slider, I know lots of people really like it. I sometimes use it, carefully, for photos of people in the mountains.

Back