Beautiful Pembrokeshire

buckas

Mister Forum Regular
Name
Drew
Edit My Images
No
The sign of late summer, Heather and Gorse flowers bloom on the Carn Llidi moors. Views across to Penberry, Abereiddy, Porthgain and beyond to Strumble Head Lighthouse.

Prints / Canvas available to purchase online > http://drewbuckleyphotography.com/beautiful-pembrokeshire/

DBP_5780-2.png

and also a 3x2 version - undecided

DBP_5780.png

cheers
drew

Great composition but the lighting is flat. A golden hour here would be epic or sunset / sunrise

The problem with golden hour light is that you lose the actual colours in the landscape. The yellows and reds/purples of the gorse and heather here would all appear in various shades of orange.

Personally I've never been a fan of warming filters (from film days) or golden hour photography. The latter has its place but it's been overdone, in my opinion of course.

Drew this is OK but not one of your best......IMHO.

Thanks all for commenting :)

Weirdly enough this was shot about 70 mins before sunset even though it does have the appearance of mid afternoon - I like it, it's something I've not got in the library thus far so has gone down well with national parks

Rather than going for epic light and wow factor, whilst that's good for us photographers and there still holds a place for them, they can appear oddly enough quite moody and dull - I'm
finding clients lately preferring 'sunny' well done images that show off my county to its best, definitely a better option for outlets and also any clients who want things exactly like this for their advertising/marketing needs

Cheers
Drew

Last edited:
Back