Beautiful Sculptures (56k beware)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Yes more fun with water, I'm pleased with these but must sort out a studio so I can move the backdrop further back to prevent it getting wet ;)

2180778926_08bb96f1dc_o.jpg

2180779184_10ea7a3752_o.jpg

2180779544_a6ca0ace5f_o.jpg

2180779940_f2f41c5a02_o.jpg

2179991785_b075855045_o.jpg

They are really really good, I must have a go at some! x x x

Give us a helping hand........

Equipment, technique, magic dust....

Excellent,(y) had a go at these myself and must say its great when you crack it and get a couple of gooduns, although I still have much room for improvement.

Thanks for looking peps, the setting were 1/125, f14, iso 200 and off camera flash 430 ex triggered by 580 ex II. tap dripping into a blue lid about 1cm deep, drops travelled about 20cms timed by guesswork ;) Camera Canon 350d, lens Sigma 105 ex dg.

They look more like a solid sculpture than water.

Thats quite a set up, I need to get myself a decent flash like the 430ex, only have the onboard on my 400d at the moment.
And tried using 1/200 but it still didnt freeze the drops

I Like the way you have used the colour of the lid to add colour to the water so that the actual splash up is clear.

Very simple, but sooooo effective.:clap:

gpc1: It's the use of the flash that freezes the action not the shutter as you found out, if you use flash you can get your shots static like these with 1/125.

I dont have a flash gun, just the small unit built onto the camera, Will that be good enough?

Yep, took a while to sink in. Plus the lighting in my kitchen isnt ideal.

Been keeping my eye out for a 430ex, £150 new off Amazon which I dont think is too bad, but second hand would suffice while im learning.

If you know anyone selling one.....(y)

I tried some of these using milk in a martini glass and a yellow food die. Some came out quite cool. Its good fun and rewarding when you get a good shot.

These are fantastic shots. ive had a go myself following Craigs guide and must admit my shots came out rubbish....

Ill have to try again wont i..

Well done indeed.

great set AJ - love them all - although last two have "lines" that are quite apparent and distracting?

I dont have a flash gun, just the small unit built onto the camera, Will that be good enough?

Hi Ladybird,

I found it tricky with just the camera flash. I found that to get a decent size picture I had to be close up, but the lens cast a shaddow from the on board flash. the onboard also washed a lot of the colour out as it was pointed directly at the drops. Wheras the 430ex can be angled to bounce the light.

I used a peice of kitchen paper over the on board flash to soften it a bit. Also tried tin foil to bounce the light away so as not to hit the subject directly. All had diffierent effects, some good, some not so good.

but beleive me I am a noob when it comes to this and still experimenting so you may well get some great results.

Here is what I use on my Panasonic.

Cut out from a milk carton.
2181088424_e91c02bf76_o.jpg

Get a rubber band and hey-presto
2180301391_e9c43a077c_o.jpg

Thanks all for passing ;)

Vinny: I noticed that after I upped the files, I reckon it is a reflection maybe, I will have to get some better backdrops as this was just paper and got very wet.

very good I like the 1st one the most :)

Amazing series Alby my fav is the first one
Pete

Back