Critique Beautifully Jaded

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

As in the last flower photo I posted a while back.

These were saved from the bin whilst I tried to get a photo of them.

I have used a different background and base this time I didn't want to do it exactly the same but having the jug/vase it was always going to be very similiar.

Background was Kitchen worktop "off cut" base was pallet timber painted.

Feedback/critique is very welcome.

Gaz

tygfThw.jpg

Very nice indeed, as a matter of interest how did you light it

Absolutely gorgeous Gary, you should be selling these.
Hi Chris

Really !

It's great that you think that.

I have no idea how you would go about that either.

Thanks

Very nice indeed, as a matter of interest how did you light it

Thank you.

Subject.

I tack a shower screen up along side the table on the left as you see it on your screen.
Behind that I have a softbox side on to the vase and slightly behind.
Opposite I have a A4 size piece of white card to bounce some light back.

The background.

Is lite with a flash, fitted with a tiny snoot positioned up close and high aimed diagonally down and across it.

Hope you get the set up from my dodgy explanation.

Gaz

Hi Chris

Really !

It's great that you think that.

I have no idea how you would go about that either.

Thanks

Thank you.

Subject.

I tack a shower screen up along side the table on the left as you see it on your screen.
Behind that I have a softbox side on to the vase and slightly behind.
Opposite I have a A4 size piece of white card to bounce some light back.

The background.

Is lite with a flash, fitted with a tiny snoot positioned up close and high aimed diagonally down and across it.

Hope you get the set up from my dodgy explanation.

Gaz
Thanks for that i will try something along those lines,are you shooting through the shower curtain?

Thanks for that i will try something along those lines,are you shooting through the shower curtain?
Softbox is firing through the shower curtain which is on the left hand side of the vase.

Gaz

Cracking image, sir (y)

My only tiny niggle, is that the jug is tilting (which I guess it`s supposed to, due to the base) :)

Cracking image, sir (y)

My only tiny niggle, is that the jug is tilting (which I guess it`s supposed to, due to the base) :)
Thanks very much.

Niggles are fine I asked for critique, hopefully I'll learn to see these things.

Frustratingly I did place blue tack under one edge to straighten it a touch.

Like you say due to the subject matter not being perfect it could be acceptable in this setting.

Thanks for taking the time to offer some feedback :)

Gaz

These are really lovely. The composition is right, the props are great and the light is just right. All in all, a job well done (y)

These are really lovely. The composition is right, the props are great and the light is just right. All in all, a job well done (y)
Thanks for the feedback.

Funnily enough I viewed this image on someone else's screen the other day & thought it looked a bit bright on the shadow side. So on my copy I've darkened it down a touch on the handle side. Not sure that it's made a difference though.

I appreciate the time taken to reply.

Thanks again
Gaz

Agree with all the above, beautifully lit and having the bud and petals near the base makes it a great image.
Thanks Dave.

I really appreciate you stopping by to give some feedback.

Gaz

Hi all.

As in the last flower photo I posted a while back.

These were saved from the bin whilst I tried to get a photo of them.

I have used a different background and base this time I didn't want to do it exactly the same but having the jug/vase it was always going to be very similiar.

Background was Kitchen worktop "off cut" base was pallet timber painted.

Feedback/critique is very welcome.

Gaz

tygfThw.jpg
Gary, I looove this. Beautiful colors, great tonality, absolutely superbly lit. If I was pushed into nit-picking, I would want the table surface extend a bit deeper behind the vase and also further back on the right. Not a big change, just enough to establish a stronger base and to enhance the sense of 3-dimentiality. Your thoughts on that?

@Pavel M

Hi Pavel.
Thanks for taking the time to give some feedback. I am really encouraged by your positive comments.

My Thoughts :
I think you have a very good point, it is not something I would have thought of but can see how it would help in creating more depth in the image.
It is definitely something I will try and remember for the future.

Thanks again.
Gaz

Back