Beauty and the beast

Your welcome. Quick question - what camera was used for this picture?

Fantastic, what a belter! Love it.

I too don't care if it's a composite; it's absolutely stunning.
The butterfly is, IMHO, perfectly placed as the ape's gaze falls right on it.
I love it.

I will admit my heart sank a little bit when I read it was a composite, I wanted it to be real!

The sharpness of the butterfly is a bit jarring with the blurry hand, but it's really nicely put together.

The idea is brilliant but the downfalls are the composite as neither images match, the butterfly being in focus with the hand being oof.

Butterfly might be better placed on the knuckle where its hand is sharper, though effect wont be the same. Composites are not easy as the images used need to be made to match for it to look realistic.

Again wicked idea and it could really work with some different images.

Agree entirely, it's so close but not quite. Looks OK as a small image but on close inspection it's not realistic, almost as if the butterfly is hanging further forward than the fingers.
Great idea though and good colour choice of the butterfly to suit the lighting of the ape.

I saw this picture and immediately wanted to know if it was composite. Don't think the fact it is takes anything away from it, it truly is excellent. If it wasn't though, I'm sure it would have won numerous wildlife competitions.

Back