weekly Bebop's 52 2021 - Week 52: Showcase

The dreaminess of the silky material works really well. I've been working on something similar, without any luck.

The silk looks lovely and overall works for me. Extra points for great use of an ironing board... much more useful than its original purpose IMHO!

Lovely, the smoothness of the silk really works especially against the various colours on the egg :)

The colours in the egg against the softness of the background is really nice. The central composition works well too.

Yep - smooth box ticked :)

The dreaminess of the silky material works really well. I've been working on something similar, without any luck.
So that's not an eye plucked out for calling Pai Mei a miserable old fool ?
Very nicely shot :)
Is that from Kill Bill? Great film.
The silk looks lovely and overall works for me. Extra points for great use of an ironing board... much more useful than its original purpose IMHO!
:ROFLMAO:
Lovely, the smoothness of the silk really works especially against the various colours on the egg :)
The colours in the egg against the softness of the background is really nice. The central composition works well too.
Yep - smooth box ticked :)
Thank you everyone for your kind comments :)

Smooth ticked.

But there's something slightly disturbing about that egg for me.

I think it's the colours - it looks a little organic.
I presume it's some sort of quartz and that's why it seems pitted because of holes where there are gaps in the crystals. I thought it was smooth when I photographed it :rolleyes: :whistle: Colours are natural as far as I know.
Thanks for stopping by :)

Rough
Great action shot, it's definitely something I want to capture at some point, but will need to wait until we can travel to get the opportunity.

Smooth
The fabric around the egg adds to the image, you would think the egg has a smooth surface although I suppose it depends on whatever they are made of. I've got something similar but forgot about it when this theme came up.

Smooth
The silk/satin material complements the smooth egg well. Good light too (natural or artificial?)

Rough
Great action shot, it's definitely something I want to capture at some point, but will need to wait until we can travel to get the opportunity.

Smooth
The fabric around the egg adds to the image, you would think the egg has a smooth surface although I suppose it depends on whatever they are made of. I've got something similar but forgot about it when this theme came up.
Thanks. Yes, it caught me out as I thought it was smooth before I photographed it.

Smooth
The silk/satin material complements the smooth egg well. Good light too (natural or artificial?)
Thanks Dominic. It was playing with my new light - just one light and a reflector. I tried a few angles and it was interesting as some of them didn't show the silky surface at all. Lots to learn! :)

Week 12: Alive

This little kestrel is helping keep the species alive.... I think this is her in the second picture - taken the day before the theme was announced. I know we can used archived shots, but I'm still trying to take them if possible.

20210325-BCR_5803_2_openWith_week12.jpg
20210323-BCR_5532_2_week12.jpg

What a fab image. Great sharpness under tricky circumstances. You've done this before methinks :)

Not 100% sold on the square framing and the subject could do with being a shade less central for my taste, but really minor points IMO.

What a fab image. Great sharpness under tricky circumstances. You've done this before methinks :)

Not 100% sold on the square framing and the subject could do with being a shade less central for my taste, but really minor points IMO.
Thank you. Just to the left was the roof edge (There's probably a proper builder's word for that) and then a washed out sky. I could chop a bit off the right hand side - might try that (y)

@Harlequin565 Square crop gone and slightly cropped on the right. The opening is a bit higgledy piggledy but I felt compelled to tweak the verticals as being so close to the edge made it look wonky. I think it probably is a bit better? It's obviously a bit of a tricky angle, but I quite like the diagonals.

20210325-BCR_5803_2_openWith_1_week12-2.jpg

I think it probably is a bit better?

You're the target audience :) I prefer it definitely. It brings those lines in as stronger elements to the image. Only a very slight modification but makes quite a bit of difference (to me anyway!)

You're the target audience :) I prefer it definitely. It brings those lines in as stronger elements to the image. Only a very slight modification but makes quite a bit of difference (to me anyway!)
Well you've got me started now :LOL: I think the feet need to come down a bit, so I've moved the crop up a bit adding a bit more headroom. and less space below I won't clutter my thread with more attempts, but I prefer that too. I'd better stop looking now :ROFLMAO:

Can't say I took much notice of the picture modifications as my eye is always drawn to the bird's eye, as it should be. It's a lovely picture however you present it.

Can't say I took much notice of the picture modifications as my eye is always drawn to the bird's eye, as it should be. It's a lovely picture however you present it.
Thanks Martin. I think I could keep fiddling :) I was just very happy that it sat there and didn't fly off.

Lovely shot.. the second edit does have the edge. It was obviously very obliging.

A cracking set of images Bee, well spotted and captured.

That's an excellent picture, perfectly framed with just the right depth..

Lovely shot.. the second edit does have the edge. It was obviously very obliging.
Yes I think you're right re the crop - my later one is even better ha ha! It was very obliging. I have seen them around the area before, but never so close to the path and it didn't fly off.
A cracking set of images Bee, well spotted and captured.
Thanks. Just lucky that day I think - they have other things on their mind!!
That's an excellent picture, perfectly framed with just the right depth..
Thanks Mark.

An excellent shot of the Kestrel I'd be very happy with that even the BG with the diagonals works

I'm easy with either crop... My eye doesn't seem to wander beyond the bird, and the detail in it. In fact it's hard to move away from the face.

I'm easy with either crop... My eye doesn't seem to wander beyond the bird, and the detail in it. In fact it's hard to move away from the face.

Many thanks Nick. She was enthralling. I struggled to walk away from her as she just stayed there whilst I clicked away.

Alive
It's a cracking shot, love it. Ok so I do prefer the second edit, but it's a well caught shot.

Back