weekly Bebop's 52 2021 - Week 52: Showcase

This is incredible. I can’t stop looking. well composed, well shot and so sharp. Brilliant :)

Alive
It's a cracking shot, love it. Ok so I do prefer the second edit, but it's a well caught shot.
Thanks Dominic. I do too... well actually I prefer my third attempt which I didn't bother posting - brings him down in the frame a little.
This is incredible. I can’t stop looking. well composed, well shot and so sharp. Brilliant :)
Ah thanks Roxanne. She very obligingly stayed there for me, so I had lots of time to click away. I've never been able to get so close to a wild one before. Hope she's not unwell!

Week 13: Easter

I've struggled a bit with this theme and have taken quite a few photos in the week for it, but none felt right. This morning at the Post Office, I spotted this and decided it will have to do. I had to stand on tippy toes and really would have liked to have been a bit higher. Perils of being vertically challenged.
Taken with my iPhone.

20210407IMG_5252_week13.jpg

If anyone is interested, here are some of others that were contenders beforehand.
20210403-BCR_7224_1_week13.jpg 20210403-BCR_7228_1_week13.jpg 20210405IMG_5244-week13.jpg

Good choice, and for me, the best of the bunch. I quite like this sort of photo that is very British. The perspective is just right for me and the distortion from the wide angle is perfect for the subject.

Good choice, and for me, the best of the bunch. I quite like this sort of photo that is very British. The perspective is just right for me and the distortion from the wide angle is perfect for the subject.
Thanks Ian - it seemed the most Easter-ish one to me :) and is certainly a bit quirky putting a bonnet on a post box.

I thought I'd seen it all, but a bonnet on a post box? :D

Good choice Bee (y)

Although the Church on the hill is not a bad call either :)

What an excellent thing! As Ian says, so very British. Well spotted, and taken.

I'm a sucker for quirkiness, and it definitely says Easter. I'm a fan of the Church too (the photograph, not the religious organisation), a really nice perspective.

That's excellent.. and so detailed. Commonly known as "yarn bombing" - the knitter/crocheter's version of street art.

Brilliant!
I'm a sucker for quirkiness, and it definitely says Easter. I'm a fan of the Church too (the photograph, not the religious organisation), a really nice perspective.
Thanks Nick. The church does seem to work better in poor weather as otherwise there are always shadows from the trees.
That's excellent.. and so detailed. Commonly known as "yarn bombing" - the knitter/crocheter's version of street art.
I love this one .....what a great idea and very original ....I think so anyway, I’ve certainly not seen another one like it. Well spotted and well done to whoever created such a super piece of craftwork.
Many thanks people. Really I'm just recording someone else's art, but I did think I did a jolly good job of getting my horizon straight :LOL:
I didn't know it is called yarn bombing - good name for it.

Week 14: Spring

Some sunflower seedlings showing their cotyledon (yes I had to look that up - but I knew they had a name) and the first proper leaves just coming through... I think, but happy to be educated.

I was really enjoying mucking about with my lights. Currently limited to two background colours, but I thought the orange worked well with the green. Then all of my batteries failed.

Thought I'd go for a bit of a quirky composition. I'd have quite liked to make them even smaller in the frame. Perhaps I'll have another go when I get all my batteries charged.

20210408-BC126978_1_week14.jpg

Oooooh I love that :) The comp - the colour - it's a winner!

Lovely colour combination. Well done for remembering cotyledon was a thing.

In my head those colours shouldn't work, but they do! I really like the fade in the BG from the bottom right corner

Nice complimenting colours Bee.
Nicely presented also.

Lovely colour combination. Well done for remembering cotyledon was a thing.
Thanks Paul. I'll have forgotten what they're called tomorrow :)
Simple but effective!
Thanks Catherine.
Nice complimenting colours Bee.
Nicely presented also.
Thanks @Cobra
In my head those colours shouldn't work, but they do! I really like the fade in the BG from the bottom right corner
Thanks Nick. I quite like the fade too, but the truth is, if I didn't, I don't know how I'd remedy it :)

Love the colours, really work nicely together. Another well composed image!

As others have said. Very well composed and great choice of complimentary colours.

Lovely complimentary colours there, I do like the simplicity of the image.

The composition makes them look very graceful and the background works so well with the green. Love this one.

Easter
Now that's an impressive letterbox.

Spring
Very delicate. Great colour combination. Well lit on the background too, I some how find that's the hardest bit to light for me.
And yes they are cotyledons.

Lovely complimentary colours there, I do like the simplicity of the image.
Thanks Iain, that was the look I was going for :)
Easter
Now that's an impressive letterbox.

Spring
Very delicate. Great colour combination. Well lit on the background too, I some how find that's the hardest bit to light for me.
And yes they are cotyledons.
Thanks Dominic - so far I am a one trick pony with lighting the background, and if the subject was much larger it wouldn't work. And thanks for confirming cotyledons :)
The composition makes them look very graceful and the background works so well with the green. Love this one.
Thanks Helen :) I did look through all the seedlings trying to find a pot with two in, that I thought would work.
Simple but effective, the colours work in perfect harmony, I like the graduated tones in the background, perfect for the theme.
Thanks Susie. I'm limited on colours for backgrounds, but I thought it worked :)

Lovely use of complimentary colours. I don't know what they are (apart from plants ;) ) but I do like the minimalist shot and the gradient of the lighting in conjunction with the colour.
Thanks Tim. They are sunflowers I think - my daughter's efforts.

Week 15: Snapper's Choice

I've been photographing birds this week trying out my long lens, 300mm +1.4 extender on the Olympus EM1iii, so effectively 840mm! All below are fairly big crops.

Main submission this little wren. Manually focused. Could probably have been a bit sharper, but I quite liked the painterly effect of all the grasses.
Edit: Have just edited with Topaz Sharpen which has made quite a difference. Hopefully changed before all but Dave have seen it!!

20210418-BC130071_1_openWith_week15.jpg

Also saw my first ever common redstart (in the uk) - about to take flight..

20210418-BC130105_2_week15.jpg

and the local buzzard

20210418-BC130044_2_week15.jpg

Last edited:
I love the wren shot. The oof foreground really works in this and makes for an interesting image.

Back