weekly Bebop's 52 2021 - Week 52: Showcase

Great image Bebop, I always like the contrast between moving and static elements.

That’s brilliant especially the way you’ve semi-frozen the movement in the dice/die. Works really well and definitely bang on theme

This image is amazing… I love how there are two dice still and two moving… really feel the movement! Love love love

That’s brilliant especially the way you’ve semi-frozen the movement in the dice/die. Works really well and definitely bang on theme
Thank you. I've actually no idea how that semi frozen one happened. I can only think it did a very quick flip with a delay either side. It was at 1/30s.

This image is amazing… I love how there are two dice still and two moving… really feel the movement! Love love love
Ah thank you! I only had one dice, so I put the camera on a tripod and kept clicking (and chasing the dice around the room ha ha!), and then blended them together.

I can imagine you running around after fallen dice. Nicely composed.

Ah, proper dice and action. Lovely...
How did you get the top middle dice to be frozen in 2 places in the same shot? Two flashes? Or is that actually 2 dice close together.
ETA - Just read you later comment :)

I can imagine you running around after fallen dice. Nicely composed.
Ha ha! Yes, inevitably it ended up under the furniture :LOL:
Ah, proper dice and action. Lovely...
How did you get the top middle dice to be frozen in 2 places in the same shot? Two flashes? Or is that actually 2 dice close together.
ETA - Just read you later comment :)
Thanks. it is very odd and I couldn't do it again if I tried! :ROFLMAO: It is just light from the window and I tried to get a reflection of the sky in the glass top - which in retrospect made life much harder.

Numbers
It's great idea and you have pulled it off well. It seems like it was a bit of a nightmare to get it how you wanted it. I like the two static and two moving dice.

Numbers
It's great idea and you have pulled it off well. It seems like it was a bit of a nightmare to get it how you wanted it. I like the two static and two moving dice.
Thanks Dominic. I could make my life easier if I did it again, but isn't that always the way? It wasn't quite what I planned at the outset, but I'm happy with it in the end. I ended up with my fingers in a lot of the shots :)

Great image, I love the way you've captured the movement. I didn't mind the dust spots either ;) . well captured and processed (very clever)

Where is the NSFW tag???

Brill. Cheeky, summery and made me smile. Works really well with the unusual lens too. Keep thinking about getting one for the fun factor... This is tempting me :)

Toy
There's nothing wrong with that. Although, Barbie isn't too bothered about covering up, I hope she's covered all of her bits and pieces with suncream.

Where is the NSFW tag???

Brill. Cheeky, summery and made me smile. Works really well with the unusual lens too. Keep thinking about getting one for the fun factor... This is tempting me :)
I did think about that tag :ROFLMAO: I'm glad it made you smile :)
Toy
There's nothing wrong with that. Although, Barbie isn't too bothered about covering up, I hope she's covered all of her bits and pieces with suncream.
She was quite brazen to be honest, although she did refuse to make eye contact with the camera. Yes, you can see her ambre solaire oil shimmering ;)

She was quite brazen to be honest, although she did refuse to make eye contact with the camera.

The question is - will there be a collaboration with Action Man and @blakester ??

:naughty::naughty:

Toys
Barbie is certainly not shy, making sure she gets the all over tan!!
The change from focused area to blurred does some a bit abrupt.

Toys
Barbie is certainly not shy, making sure she gets the all over tan!!
The change from focused area to blurred does some a bit abrupt.
She definitely isn't shy. I had to encourage her to pose more demurely too, I can tell you :ROFLMAO:

I didn't add any blur so it's probably the way I used the lens. It is purely manual. I think I had it on quite a small aperture - f/10 or smaller and I moved the focus onto the right hand side which makes the focusing a bit tricky. Thanks heavens for peaking in mirrorless cameras!

Thought that was a lensbaby. Sweet 80 + composer?
Check the cameras peak setting, might be able to move the focus (I have it on my leica, but only found it by accident fairly recently... was struggling with the peek in the middle, but now on evf, almost anywhere on the screen is the peek/focus :) should be similar on your camera too (I would expect)

Nicely thought out photo ! f10 works (any less and you'd have barbie blurry too)

Thought that was a lensbaby. Sweet 80 + composer?
Check the cameras peak setting, might be able to move the focus (I have it on my leica, but only found it by accident fairly recently... was struggling with the peek in the middle, but now on evf, almost anywhere on the screen is the peek/focus :) should be similar on your camera too (I would expect)

Nicely thought out photo ! f10 works (any less and you'd have barbie blurry too)
Yes it is with the composer. I'm not quite sure what you mean by move the focus - the peaking seemed to be working ok, although red against the deck chair was not ideal - I probably can change the colour.

When I twist the composer to be off centre - as Barbie was sat on the side, the part that is in focus is a slightly odd shape, it becomes more of an arc as opposed to a nice circle, I think. If I leave the lens central then it seems much easier to get the central bit in focus. It could well be user error though. I don't use my lensbabys very often, but I do enjoy them :) I'll have to have a play some more. I could well be using it incorrectly :ROFLMAO:

Hi - no sounds like the pics (seen others taken with that lens, more off center it does go oval).
I meant that the peek focus point shouldn't just be in the middle, you should be able to move it o other focal points on the sensor which should help the focussing ...
Ah I see. Well I've no idea if I have that setting but it does currently show whichever bit of the image is in focus wherever it is in the frame, so I think I'm okay on that score.

You have got me thinking though. I might be able to leave the lens central and have Barbie in focus - but I suspect it will be even more of an arc... more playing needed!

Numbers: I really like the second picture (dustless) and how you can see the movement in the dice, hard work went into that I'm sure!

Toys: Always thought Barbie was a floozy! A well framed bright picture (y)

Numbers: I really like the second picture (dustless) and how you can see the movement in the dice, hard work went into that I'm sure!

Toys: Always thought Barbie was a floozy! A well framed bright picture (y)
Thanks Simon. It wasn't too hard, but a bit more effort than some of my pics.

We have to make allowances for Barbie as she has had a difficult life - deprived of clothes, poor thing... :)

Week 20: Artificial

A wander around WWT in Arundel yesterday yielded a couple of opportunities. The first was taken on my phone as I didn't have a wide lens with me.
I assume they are supposed to be Sand Martins.

IMG_5367_week20.jpg

20210525-BCR_0968_2_week20.jpg

Love them both. I'm guessing they are quite small? I guess this kinda indicates that it might be good to get a wider view to get a sense of scale but you couldn't because of lack of WA lens?

They do work as they stand though - esp the 2nd one. Who says you can't get blurry backgrounds on a phone!

Love them both. I'm guessing they are quite small? I guess this kinda indicates that it might be good to get a wider view to get a sense of scale but you couldn't because of lack of WA lens?

They do work as they stand though - esp the 2nd one. Who says you can't get blurry backgrounds on a phone!
Thanks Ian. The second photo was with a 100-400 on my Canon FF. I couldn't have stepped much further back with either photo. This was the original camera shot. I decided to crop out the post. I was a little undecided to be honest.

20210525-BCR_0968_3_week20.jpg

I rather like the shot with the post.. it gives it more context. Interesting subject.

I rather like the shot with the post.. it gives it more context. Interesting subject.
Thanks Helen. Yes I took it with it in deliberately, but wasn't sure when I got home. I quite liked the detailed texture in the face. It's just a shot of someone else's art work really isn't it? Next week I must try and be more creative!

I agree with Helen. Post looks good :)

Back