weekly Bebop's 52 2021 - Week 52: Showcase

Definitely Tall. And most interesting subject.

I had an Ixus at one time - I think a 55. I was looking back through some old photos a while back and found some taken by the Ixus that I felt were remarkably good from an IQ perspective given the how long ago it was and how small the sensor must have been. And as you say, tiny.
I must say even at the time I thought it was a bit rubbish. I'd had a Sony which was better, but it used to give everyone white eyes (not red!) which were unrecoverable. On the plus side, it gets more in focus with the small sensors! These pics were taken through the windows and it was raining so I guess it didn't do too bad a job - I think the film pack processing sharpened it up a bit, but I can see some faded areas where it was probably rain on the window.

Definitely Tall. And most interesting subject.
Thanks for popping in David. Yes, I only found these images that day (in my Football folder??!!) and they just seemed too appropriate to pass by. Needless to say I have a bit of sorting out to do of my filing system!

Tall
I'm sure I've seems this before somewhere :thinking:
It looks very impressive.

Week 5: Snapper's Choice

I'm afraid I take a lot of photos of squirrels. This was sitting on my back step yesterday. There were three of them running round and fighting (I think) over the food. I'd put so much out in three different places, so there was no need. One of the places is in the hollow of this tree.

20210209-BCR_3719_1_week5.jpg

This is a great picture and how lucky you are to have proper (Reds) squirrels so close. Look like the one above is waiting for his chance to take the food!

If I had Red Squirrels here, I'm sure I'd take lots of pictures of them too.

Lovely shot! The second, higher, squirrel really makes it!

I have never seen a Red Squirrel in real life. Ever. I'd love to photograph one. And if I did, I'd like it to be a great photo like that! Brilliant.

This is a great picture and how lucky you are to have proper (Reds) squirrels so close. Look like the one above is waiting for his chance to take the food!
If I had Red Squirrels here, I'm sure I'd take lots of pictures of them too.

Lovely shot! The second, higher, squirrel really makes it!
Thank you both. They often won't tolerate me sitting outside taking photos but this time they were too busy fighting over the food. It's quite a big crop.

I have never seen a Red Squirrel in real life. Ever. I'd love to photograph one. And if I did, I'd like it to be a great photo like that! Brilliant.
Ah thank you. There are places on the island where they are fairly tame and it's easier to get a good shot. I have a cat, so I only feed them at the boundary. She is quite old so I'm pretty sure she'd never catch one - she was sitting next to me when I took this one and was nearly my Snapper's Choice.

20210209-BCR_3662_week5-2.jpg

A bit behind with comments I'm afraid!

Tall: That's just an amazing sight and lovely to see.
Snapper's: Great shot. Can't tire of seeing Red Squirrel shots. We don't get them around our neck of the woods.

WOW! Red Squiggles - Fantastic!

So cute! Gorgeous squirrel shot.. he looks like he's about to ambush an unsuspecting pal.. a well caught moment.
Keep the squiddle shots coming.. I love them. Beats my tree "overload" ;)

The only time I've seen a red squirrel was in a park in Boston USA, never seen one in the UK. How do they keep the greys out of the IoW?

Lovely picture by the way.

Very nice, great little creatures good work.
But....there's always a but....you are a week early with the 'pair' theme :)

Very nice, great little creatures good work.
But....there's always a but....you are a week early with the 'pair' theme :)
I don't believe it! @Cobra keeps doing this to me :LOL:

The only time I've seen a red squirrel was in a park in Boston USA, never seen one in the UK. How do they keep the greys out of the IoW?

Lovely picture by the way.
Sometimes people go into a panic when a grey sighting is reported. The stretch of water is enough to keep them out - but they could be carried on the ferries. Sometimes their coats can look a bit grey. Below you can see the third squirrel in the garden had a definite grey band on him - I know I should have saved this for pair for this week :)

20210209-BCR_3667_1_week5-3.jpg

Never enough of these loveable cute animals. A few greys in the wood next to my house but I only have to travel a few miles to another wood and there are loads of reds around.
So cute! Gorgeous squirrel shot.. he looks like he's about to ambush an unsuspecting pal.. a well caught moment.
Keep the squiddle shots coming.. I love them. Beats my tree "overload" ;)
There was a lot of ambushing going on! It is my most photographed subject at the moment I'm afraid. At least trees vary in their looks a bit more - though perhaps their action is less interesting? :ROFLMAO:

WOW! Red Squiggles - Fantastic!
Yes more - and there will be even more... everyone will be very fed up of them by the end!

A bit behind with comments I'm afraid!

Tall: That's just an amazing sight and lovely to see.
Snapper's: Great shot. Can't tire of seeing Red Squirrel shots. We don't get them around our neck of the woods.
No worries - I'm always doing things in fits and starts and never manage to comment on everybody's. Thanks for kind comments :)

Week 5: Snapper's Choice

I'm afraid I take a lot of photos of squirrels. This was sitting on my back step yesterday. There were three of them running round and fighting (I think) over the food. I'd put so much out in three different places, so there was no need. One of the places is in the hollow of this tree.

View attachment 308445
Blimey what a super image, two of them too.

WOW, you are so lucky having these guys in your garden, I have only ever seen 1 red squirrel in my life and I would have to go over to Brownsea Island to capture one now. These guys look so comfortable and so playful and you have captured it all perfectly, I am in awe.

Great image Bebop. I did chuckle when I saw the Pair theme though...

It's a cheeky image that would make anyone smile. A worthy image to have for sure.

That's a great catch.... They almost don't look real!
Thank you. I know what you mean - almost like fluffy toys in this one!
WOW, you are so lucky having these guys in your garden, I have only ever seen 1 red squirrel in my life and I would have to go over to Brownsea Island to capture one now. These guys look so comfortable and so playful and you have captured it all perfectly, I am in awe.
Thank you so much. I am extremely lucky and sometimes feel a bit guilty that I don't make more effort to get better shots of them. My fence is not very photogenic and I think I need a hide in the garden, so I'm a bit of a lazy squirrel photographer :ROFLMAO:
Great image Bebop. I did chuckle when I saw the Pair theme though...

It's a cheeky image that would make anyone smile. A worthy image to have for sure.
Thank you. I'm glad it made you smile. The pair theme made me chuckle too. Naughty @Cobra :LOL:
Love the image of the squirrels
Thanks Dave :)
Great timing on the Squirrels, and the expression and body language on the upper squirrel makes the shot.
Thank you! Yes it was a 'save some for me' look :ROFLMAO:
So cute Red squirrels got to love em.
Cheers Dave. I do love having them so easily accessible, that's for sure.

Choice
You're sooooo lucky. I'd be photographing them all the time too if I could. Such cheeky little faces.

I'm sure the mannerisms of the squirrels mean you have a never ending variety of image opportunities, I'm very jealous, looking forward to seeing more of them if you shoehorn them into a theme

Choice
You're sooooo lucky. I'd be photographing them all the time too if I could. Such cheeky little faces.
I'm sure the mannerisms of the squirrels mean you have a never ending variety of image opportunities, I'm very jealous, looking forward to seeing more of them if you shoehorn them into a theme

Thank you both. I do take masses. I really should cull more, but I started taking them to try and identify them to see how many I had visiting. The problem is they change colour with the seasons and confuse me :)

Week 6: Pair

I spotted this pair of dogs - they weren't playing ball for me because I couldn't get an image where they were both well separated from their owner... they were too attached to him!

It was a good offshore wind and a very low tide revealing the wreck of the S.S. Carbon on the beach - more about the wreck here...
It can be a bit nasty underfoot when you swim around there when the tide is higher!

20210212-BC130661_2_week6-2.jpg

Last edited:
Not surprised they were very attached to their owner probably scared of drowning, well spotted though

Back