weekly Bebop's 52 for 2017 thread - week 52 Weather - done

Well done for getting something while you are away, hope your enjoying the skiing.

Nice bright colours and a good sharp image. Being picky, the cube on the right is a bit wonky and the shadow of the top one on the white of the right cube keeps catching my eye but both are minor things especially considering the equipment you have available.

Great photo,
I like the black background,
Did you buy the cubes or did you have to reset it

Fair play getting a shot done while away on skiing hols.
I would have been in the bar with no hope of a coherent image being created.
(Medicinal purposes - stopping the pains in the legs ;))

My one crit would be that the cubes are quite lined up, I would have tried either lining them up, or ensuring they were way out.
That they are slightly off jars a little (but seems that's just me).

I think you did a good job on this order shot. I do think if the bg is going to be black then it should be jet black and no spots on it :)
Thank you and I agree. It was my daughter's scarf! Not much chance to edit or clone them out I'm afraid :)
Great job in difficult circumstances. Well done. Did you have to reset the three cubes first!!
Thank you. My son is hooked on solving them and other than shooting a food order, I couldn't think of anything else!
The colours pop against that plain black bg. Spot on for the theme.
Thanks. It was a small SOOC jpeg, but I used the iPad on a POP filter.
excellent for an iPad, but there's something not quite right about the black BG ... and I've just realised how dusty my pc screen is. o_O
Ha ha! iPad, drove me completely bonkers! There are a few bits on it - my daughter's scarf. :D

Well done for getting something while you are away, hope your enjoying the skiing.

Nice bright colours and a good sharp image. Being picky, the cube on the right is a bit wonky and the shadow of the top one on the white of the right cube keeps catching my eye but both are minor things especially considering the equipment you have available.
Fair play getting a shot done while away on skiing hols.
I would have been in the bar with no hope of a coherent image being created.
(Medicinal purposes - stopping the pains in the legs ;))

My one crit would be that the cubes are quite lined up, I would have tried either lining them up, or ensuring they were way out.
That they are slightly off jars a little (but seems that's just me).

You are both right! The one cube is a cheap copy and different from the other two and it is a bit wonky. To be honest though I started losing the will, as I had to keep crouching down at an awkward angle to get the pic, then log on to wifi download to iPad and realise I'd not got it quite right... so a bit wonky it is :D I might have made a better attempt if I'd taken it after more Apres Ski! The last day skiing was absolutely great as we had a good dump of snow, but most of the week we could have done with a bit more.
Great photo,
I like the black background,
Did you buy the cubes or did you have to reset it
Thank you - my son is the expert at solving them... as a joke he messed it up and I almost had to bribe him so I could make another attempt :D
Those colours look great against the bg - hope you're having fun!
Thanks Emma. We had a great time :)
Worked well with an iPad, do them all using it :)

Cheers.
Ha ha thanks. It completely drove me bonkers! It's an old model too and soooo slow! It was good to try the wifi on my camera to see what was possible though.

week 1 good attempt at the theme, i must admit the black BG does look a bit odd, but I do like the bright colours popping out against the black BG.
Thanks. It's my daughter's scarf and I was lacking inspiration and props, but now I think about it, we had white bed linen! :)
Love the pop of the colours on this.
Thanks - I added a Pop filter on the iPad to try and make the black more black and the colours brighter.
Good choice it works well for the theme, nice sharp colours ... I never could do a Rubik cube!
Thanks. Me neither... I used to have a written solution that worked if you managed to get two sides solved, but usually I get lost when I'm halfway through some manoeuvre.
The device of the Devil, never could do it, nice image.
Nor me, and life is too short! My son's best time is 12 seconds, but he usually takes about 18 :jawdrop::jawdrop: Wasted youth :D

Great photo, very vibrant colours against the black background. You could have lines up the edges of the cubes a bit cleaner, but it's right on theme.

Great photo, very vibrant colours against the black background. You could have lines up the edges of the cubes a bit cleaner, but it's right on theme.
Thank you.Yes I think I could have improved a few things with a bit more effort. One of the cubes was a different make too and just didn't square up so easily.
Love the colour nicely done.:)
Thank you - it took me a while to decide which of the faces to show :)

Thanks both for taking the time to comment. I am so behind on this already!!

Week 2 - comfort

I confess I'm falling behind, so here is a shot taken in November

17567-1485046562-3d7c01c87d24d9c5b9b2df16c77aa1ba.jpg

Great angle with everything leading the eye to her ladyship. I like the fg interest provided by the patterned soles of the boots and the muted colour processing. It may be an archive shot but super for the theme - keep going,

Great angle with everything leading the eye to her ladyship. I like the fg interest provided by the patterned soles of the boots and the muted colour processing. It may be an archive shot but super for the theme - keep going,
You make my snap sound so much better Carl, thank you! The colours were all a bit bright, but I wasn't sure if I'd made it feel a bit cold with the processing.

Please don't worry about falling behind at this early stage, just keep plodding on and remember there are no rules. At the end of last year I did 12 themes in a month as I hadn't been well for a while. I also keep on my phone a note of any themes I missed so if I see an opportunity when out and about I can take it.

I like the photo however with the slight diagonal line and the amount of detail you have captured. nice processing too! Only criticism is it seems a bit of a tight fit in the frame.

Looks like a large pair of lips you're relaxing in or a giant.....answers on a post card :whistle:

(y)

Please don't worry about falling behind at this early stage, just keep plodding on and remember there are no rules. At the end of last year I did 12 themes in a month as I hadn't been well for a while. I also keep on my phone a note of any themes I missed so if I see an opportunity when out and about I can take it.

I like the photo however with the slight diagonal line and the amount of detail you have captured. nice processing too! Only criticism is it seems a bit of a tight fit in the frame.
Thank you. I agree re the framing. If I stepped back I might have gone over the cliff, so tight framing it had to be :)
Well done on doing so many themes in a short time! I was so keen at the start, but I can see it's not going to be easy to keep up!
Back with a bang I think with you saying your behind. I like this comfort shot, good lighting and like the colour bit (y)
Thank you. I can vouch for it being comfy :)
Looks like a large pair of lips you're relaxing in or a giant.....answers on a post card :whistle:

(y)
Well it's probably best we don't go down that route :D It was very comfy, but that isn't me in it. It actually only lasted a couple of days before it got a puncture!
I was very tempted to buy one of these in the summer - certainly fits the theme :) I'm not sure about the processing - I think something warner would have been good.
Hmm yes. I muted the colours because they were too bright and garish, but it's plainly bright sunlight, so I also think the cool palette doesn't quite match up.

.... not great technically (except the POV) but a cool shot.

Nice photos so far:
My favourite is Smoke on the Water (great track too) - The processing makes for a very soft and gentle photo (y)
If I'm honest the others aren't as strong, the black of the Rubiks cubes is a bit lost against the black background, on the flip side, the colours are nice and vibrant and well done with an iPad. And finally Comfort, Nice photo just not so sure on the processing, it leaves me a little cold. Maybe easing of the de-satruration a little

Thank you - I've just remembered to change the title!

I really must try harder to keep up. I now have a list on my phone of the ones I've missed and will endeavour to get new shots.

He is very hairy indeed. Slash minus the hat...

HaHa looks like he's got his Hairy self reflected in his glasses .... doubly hairy.

Back