weekly Bebop's 52 for 2020 - week 52: Decor(ate)

Very nicely processed and as other have said, you caught some cracking light there also!

Not many people on the ferry either it seems... Great shot, square on, the couple adds to the interest, and very good evening light (y)

Great shot for transport, super sharp.

Looks very quiet on the ferry. Is that the Lymington one?
Liking the subtle pink hue to the sky and the imposing size of the (relatively small) ferry.
Yes - it is the quieter route and the one I prefer, but it did look particularly quiet.

Thanks for dropping by and commenting @rpn @rick448 @brrnd @Cobra @HelenC @Cloudforest @Shugpug @Nostromo
You're all making me feel very guilty for not spending more time on people's threads!

Right place this time!
Nice composition and light , what were you on? Another ferry?
I was at the end of the pier and I was quite pleased it headed straight at me before turning at the last minute into it's berth - there must have been a side current or wind!

@vanishedbob - yes! The Titanic didn't spring to mind at the time funnily enough :LOL: It could have been a Titanic moment if it hadn't altered course at the last minute!

Transport - Love the lighting coming in form the side I like that you've placed the ferry in the center of the image.

Week 12: Fence

I'm a bit torn which one to put forward this week. I had my 'exercise' yesterday evening and took my camera hoping to get a fence. I think I'll go with number 1.

No. 2 had a blown out sky and was an impossible shot because of the dynamic range - I suppose I could have tried HDR. I also wasn't ready for the rabbit - the shutter speed a tad slow... so I've been creative, gone B&W and added suns rays - courtesy of Luminar 4 - it was actually shining from that spot. It is a beautiful arch of trees over the walkway with a fence, so I had it in mind when I set out.

No. 3 was another I'd set out to get. Just so lovely to get such a view when we've all been cooped up. I hope they don't stop us going out for one walk a day.

Hope I haven't rambled on too much! :)

20200324-BCO30025.jpg

20200324-BCO30012.jpg

20200324-BCO30030.jpg

Last edited:
The 2nd fence shot works really well and the added bonus of the bunny really makes it well caught :clap:

Three nice shots.. I think I prefer #3 - the evening light is gorgeous. Although I can't resist a bunny.

I hope they don't stop us going out for one walk a day.
Let's hope the stupid people who are still doing as they please get sensible otherwise we'll all have to pay the price: we'll be sent even further up the naughty stairs and told to stay indoors completely.

Three belters, I actually would have also gone with the first. It's quite unusual and out of the norm.

Thanks @Allan.H @HelenC and @vanishedbob - 3 different choices, which makes me feel better at being so indecisive!

I had more shots with the bunny static, but I liked his backlit body - even if it is a tad soft.

I think you're right @HelenC - we really don't want to go any further up the naughty stairs. I even felt a little guilty going for a walk.

I never thought I would feel guilty for buying toilet rolls - even though I needed them :LOL:
I know! I usually buy packs of 16 and now I've bought 4! I'm hoping it all calms down soon as we have done no stock piling other than accidentally having 3 ketchups in the cupboard (one out of date!) and 3 golden syrups - which is down to senior moments!

#1 puts me in mind of a drone shot of the prehistoric causeway Stonehenge Avenue. I'm guessing not a drone shot though from your comments.
I think #2 is my fav, I like the extreme contrast between the darks and lights and, of course, Peter running across like that...

Thanks for dropping by @CliveH @Shugpug and @LC2 with your kind comments.

#1 puts me in mind of a drone shot of the prehistoric causeway Stonehenge Avenue. I'm guessing not a drone shot though from your comments.
I think #2 is my fav, I like the extreme contrast between the darks and lights and, of course, Peter running across like that...

Not a drone shot, just looking down at the valley between two hills. I think it's set aside land for nature.
Peter will have had the view of no. 1. from his position :)

3 great images for Fence No 2 for me though love the fact you got the rabbit for some added interest.

Hope I haven't rambled on
:D

3 very different interpretations, all good, but I like the aerial image, as its a bit different well caught

It's all about the Bunny :) Wonderful shot!

Can't decide... #1 does my head in, but in a good way. Looks almost like an aerial shot, very abstract. But I like #2 too, great silhouette, and great capture of the rabbit. And the landscape in #3 is simply stunning!

Can't decide... #1 does my head in, but in a good way. Looks almost like an aerial shot, very abstract. But I like #2 too, great silhouette, and great capture of the rabbit. And the landscape in #3 is simply stunning!
ah thanks Bernd. I couldn't either! I think 1 and 2 are the better ones. The wood on the floor in 3 bothers me slightly :)

Week 13. Flora

I've been lying on the ground in my garden today - typically windy as it always is when I try and photograph flowers. Taken with a lens baby and given the vintage/matt look in LR.

White fence in the background not ideal.

Hmm I've just thought, is this high key? Will have to check the definition!

20200328-BCR_7198-1.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful shot.

Very nice, love the muted colour and definitely high key I would say (y)

Very nice, love the muted colour and definitely high key I would say (y)
Thank you - I hope it ticks the box so I can put the technique behind me :)

Lovely off-centre composition. I would say it's high key.
Thanks Helen. I had to crop it slightly on the left as I was lying awkwardly and struggling to get it in camera. Note to self... must get back into yoga :ROFLMAO:

Key light high, range muted, seems to fit to me :)
Very fast fall off of focus, which lens baby were you using? (It's good to see that it's not just Clive and me with lens babys).
This was the sweet 80 which I bought on here second hand. I haven't used it loads. I really love the effect but find it very tricky to get the focus just right so a lot of shots end up in the bin. WIth the breeze it was very hit and miss. I think this was a shutter speed of 1/5000 :oops: :$ at f/2.8

Very nice, amazing DoF too.

Love the pic and the processing.
Thank you. Not masses of processing - just a crop, a bit of desaturating and I sharpened the main flower. These lenses are such fun although their uses are a bit limited.

Very nice, amazing DoF too.
Thanks. I've not quite got all of the main flower sharp but you should have seen the others :LOL: LOADS of oof ones!

Back