weekly Bebop's 52 for 2020 - week 52: Decor(ate)

Broken is great, I like the second version best but all three are very nice. nicely lit, well exposed and good use of DoF.

Broken is great, I like the second version best but all three are very nice. nicely lit, well exposed and good use of DoF.
Thanks Jim. It's amazing how slight changes of POV or a crop can make a difference.

I had to read your post to work out what it was... makes a great abstract image. I prefer the first shot you posted on that basis.
Thanks Helen... I am still undecided myself :ROFLMAO:

Wild - Nice timing I quite like the grainyness of the sky.

Broken - nice close up good detail I like.
Thanks Mark

Playing catch up here, so many posts to look at.

The red in the snow makes a nice contrast to the whole image, and I know what you mean about white balance with snow, its a difficult scene to get right, even with the modern cameras that we have today.
That wild shot does look like an extremely violent sea and the touch you gave it adds nicely to the composition.
The broken shot version 2 for me, the angle is spot on and the very light blue tone in the lower left gives it that little bit extra edge.
I have SO much catching up on comments to do - I'm always a bit random when and where I comment, so thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Great shot and perfect for the theme. Definetly picked the best one to post.
Thank you!

Nicely captured, very sharp :)
Thank you. I took quite a few blurry ones too (sssh!). I was being lazy by not getting the tripod out.

Very well captured and yes that guy certainly has some ability!
Yep #1 for the money shot (y)

Hi Bebop,
I take my hat off to you for following hubby out into the Gnarly weather to capture these shots, they are awesome. I do prefer shot one but that is only due to the background interest.
Huge thumbs up from me.

Hi Bebop,
I take my hat off to you for following hubby out into the Gnarly weather to capture these shots, they are awesome. I do prefer shot one but that is only due to the background interest.
Huge thumbs up from me.
Ha ha thank you. I wrap up warm!
Bebop you caught him well.
Your broken is nice, a nice bit of colour and good detail on the crack/chip.
Thanks Clive. I have to say Ability was an easier them for me of the two.

Brilliant images Bebop! Not much more to say really, just well done indeed.

Fab shot for Ability!

Excellent shot and timing - it can be difficult to capture this type of image especially in rough weather.

Love these action shots and it amazes me what these kite surfers can do. Very well captured.

Ability
A couple of good shots you've got there. Both show the ability of the kite surfers.

Excellent shot and timing - it can be difficult to capture this type of image especially in rough weather.
Thank you. I find it easier with my smaller m4/3 equipment as it gets buffeted by the wind a bit less but it's tricky keeping the focal point on them when they jump.

Love these action shots and it amazes me what these kite surfers can do. Very well captured.
Thank you and yes sometimes I forget how talented they are... it can go badly wrong.

Thanks for the kind comments @Nostromo @rpn @Cloudforest @-Oy- @Shugpug

Broken - I like the blue but agree #1 is the better shot.
Ability - great action shots I think you chose the right one for the main thread

Great captures for ability. Not something I would fancy trying nowadays.

Ability - That is a cracking image perfectly captures the kite surfers ability to make you stop and go wow!

it works well imo. Only the second winter shot I've seen to involve heat !
Ha ha! My original plan was to freeze something. We usually light it every night in the winter, but not this week as I've been out every night - so my plan to improve on it was scuppered.

Nice colours in your burning log log burner.
Thank you. It was roaring and a bit too warm to stay too close to :)

Can feel the warmth, would be great as a gif image with the flames moving. A lot more aesthetically pleasing than modern heating systems

Very nicely captured and very on theme. I sat in front of my with my phone camera the other evening and had difficulty getting anything decent!

Nice log burner image, great colours and really well exposed to capture the detail inside.

Back