weekly Bebop's 52 for 2020 - week 52: Decor(ate)

Lovely colours and composition.
Thanks Dominic
Great abstract take and a lovely range of colours captured.
Thanks Helen
A really nice colourful abstract Bee :)
Good abstract shot - works well.
Thanks Dave
It is amusing how some simple colour lights would make a boring household item more interesting.
I tried my best :)
Nicely done colourful colander.
Thanks Phil - I should have checked what your were doing this week :ROFLMAO:
A disco-ball colander! I really like the colours and the abstract nature of this, looks great.
Thanks Jim
Nice and colourful very nicely captured.
Thanks Mark
Gorgeous... love those colours
Thank you! :)
Crikey! That's colourful and I like it a lot.
Hmm yes more colourful than my colourful one, now I thing about it! Thank you

Love the colours, love the use of the lighting ball and mirror.
Basically, love it - nothing more to say.
Thanks so much Tim. Not sure if I should own up - no ball or mirror... or even smoke and mirrors... it's a colander and a disco light thingy that belongs to my daughter. I shone it through the colander against a white backdrop (which is actually an unused softbox front).

Thanks so much Tim. Not sure if I should own up - no ball or mirror... or even smoke and mirrors... it's a colander and a disco light thingy that belongs to my daughter. I shone it through the colander against a white backdrop (which is actually an unused softbox front).
lol really? that's really clever :)
Still love it, and that makes it even more fun (y)

Just catching up!!

Music - Getting good vibrations about image 1 :) The cymbal must move in quite a linear fashion as its not fully distorted.
Great timing for image 2, not sure if it a tight crop from thr right would help, especially since there is already an edge missing.

Colourful - Great reflections, its as if the bottle is on a pole the area are the base of it is seamless
Could see it on a wall maybe with a different logo

Something Old - Didn't think about there being dinosaur footprints anywhere!!
Looks like lots of great textures to work with.

Liquid - The outline of the glass is well defined, would it work better with white wine for added contrast to background?

A Household Item - Great patterns both on the object and the floor, has the right ratio of detail to background.
The angle cutting from top middle to bottom right works well

@StuartPearson I'm always impressed when people do massive catchups on comments, so thank you for taking the time. I had to go back and look at my images again :)
Music - Getting good vibrations about image 1 :) The cymbal must move in quite a linear fashion as its not fully distorted.
Great timing for image 2, not sure if it a tight crop from thr right would help, especially since there is already an edge missing.l
My background was messy, hence the fairly tight crop. I did another with a square crop and no moving stick and this worked better in a way - not shown here. In this 2nd shot I left a little more room to try and leave space to balance the stick - perhaps I should have cropped where the stick was a bit too to balance it?

Colourful - Great reflections, its as if the bottle is on a pole the area are the base of it is seamless
Could see it on a wall maybe with a different logo

Something Old - Didn't think about there being dinosaur footprints anywhere!!
Looks like lots of great textures to work with.
Thank you, yes I didn't know before moving here either about the footprints.

Liquid - The outline of the glass is well defined, would it work better with white wine for added contrast to background?
Possibly. I did take some shots with it against a white background, but they were a little boring. :giggle: The idea here was to try and rim light it all the way round. Sadly it was Ribena!

A Household Item - Great patterns both on the object and the floor, has the right ratio of detail to background.
The angle cutting from top middle to bottom right works well
Thank you

household item - clever idea, very colourful indeed!

The fact it's a colander gives it a great dimension and the light spots are great. A supern and original photo.

Week 23: Hidden and Black and White technique.

It's actually an empty bottle of gin now, but I liked the embossed lettering so I rescued it from the recycling bin and hid it away back in the cupboard :)

20200609-BC544707-Edit-2.jpg

I also saw this squirrel hiding away in the garden - bottom pic shows what I think is a raven crow coming in to take over. I've had two coming into the garden stealing the food I put out for the squirrels.

20200609-BCO31003.jpg20200608-BCO30944.jpg

Last edited:
Nice depth of field and processing on the bottle(s?) Bee.
I like the 1st squirrel image too, it does seem somewhat lost in / hidden by the tree.

Thanks @Cobra. I prefer the squirrel image, but I had to get my B&W in - was worried I was running out of time! :) Usually I take lots of B&W pics, but not lately it seems!

Nice shot of the gin - hope you put the contents to good use [emoji6]

First squirrel shot for me though! Great moment you caught there.

The bottle looks hidden, very nice, love the red squirrel I didn't realise they visited gardens I thought they were all deep in the woods, never seen one so much nicer than the vermin we have.

Hidden
I like the bottle shot, even though the bottle is hidden, the light draws you to it.

A vote for the bottle from me too but then I do like a low key b&w shot..

Nice shot of the gin - hope you put the contents to good use [emoji6]

First squirrel shot for me though! Great moment you caught there.
It was delicious :) and thank you.
The bottle looks hidden, very nice, love the red squirrel I didn't realise they visited gardens I thought they were all deep in the woods, never seen one so much nicer than the vermin we have.
Yes I feel privileged and should make more effort to capture better shots. We have them in the area with woodland nearby - they come in via the canopy mostly... actually just one tree that enables them to leap across a drive. We see them everyday and they seem to be nursing young at the moment.
Love the light in the gin picture, nicely composed too
Thank you.
Nice image of the bottles good use of DoF and nicely composed.
Thank you - I was trying to hide the less photogenic surroundings :LOL:
Great shot. Well lit, catching the embossed lettering and I love the way you've also 'just' enough light to give the suggestion of further bottles / glassware in the background. :clap:
Thank you - that was my plan although I didn't really get the embossing just as I wanted - all after that darkfield lighting thread again. I will have another go one day.
Hidden
I like the bottle shot, even though the bottle is hidden, the light draws you to it.
Thank you. It was inspired by that darkfield lighting thread again :)
A vote for the bottle from me too but then I do like a low key b&w shot..
Thank you.... I'm not normally one for hiding bottles of alcohol... especially empty ones :LOL:

I really like the lighting on the gin shot and the OOF speckles of light on the bottles in the background. There's a lovely depth to the pic.
Nice squirrel shot too.

Week 24: Small

Out in the garden with the macro lens for this one.

Apparently it's large for a hoverfly, but definitely a small critter... a female scaeva pyrastri.
We won't mention the blown highlights on the buttercup :eek:

20200617-BCO31139.jpg

and a fly.... it is all about getting it's bottom in focus isn't it? :ROFLMAO:

20200617-BCR_7484.jpg

Well caught on the hoverfly, Bee!
it is all about getting it's bottom in focus isn't it?
Absolutely it is, I have loads of those :D

Nice flies both :)

2 really excellent shots.

Back