weekly Bebop's 52 for 2020 - week 52: Decor(ate)

The processing works really well and makes the sign pop out of the image. Good dof too.

The processing works really well and makes the sign pop out of the image. Good dof too.
Thanks Helen.
Nice processing on this, it looks a bit 60s
Thanks - I can't remember which film simulation it was, but I felt it suited an old film look.
Nicely spotted, is there a relevance to the bike
Thanks. I'd had it in mind if I couldn't find anything else, so it was photographed at the 11th hour :) I believe the council would remove a sign if the pub put it there, but they won't remove a chained up bike - I think that's why they do it - they have about 3 bikes strategically placed.

"Follow the signs" how apt (y)
Nice treatment too Bee.

The processing has worked well, it could be any time in the past. Good composition too.

Week 28 - Secure

I've struggled to think of anything once again, so here we have an old shed being made secure. My original idea had been belt and braces, but I was unable to find the braces which I thought were in the dressing up box, and I was also missing a model.

20200716-P7160010-Edit.jpg

That's nice Bee (y)
Nice and sharp and lots of detail too.

Lovely and sharp in all the right places, and great detail kept on the lock and key.
But it's agree with Tim that there's something in the lock/door focus which looks slightly strange to me.

That's nice Bee (y)
Nice and sharp and lots of detail too.
There's something slightly odd about the shot.
The bottom right of the lock is very sharp, the door is oof, it's almost as if it's a composite, which I don't think it is.
Lovely and sharp in all the right places, and great detail kept on the lock and key.
But it's agree with Tim that there's something in the lock/door focus which looks slightly strange to me.
Thanks for the comments. I was about to say there's been no funny business, however in looking at the original there is indeed a slight blurry vignette, so well spotted! I thought I played with it and then reset it, but it seems not!

The lens element is very close to the lock - I had problems getting the camera shadow in it. I used a 17mm f/1.2 lens at f/3.2 on m43 camera, and a film preset.

Here's the original raw converted to jpeg.

20200716-P7160010.jpg

I like the viewpoint and focus point but it might be time for a bit of a paint job!

A great close up image for Secure. You don't see many of those locks these days (I can well remember fitting hundreds of those in my days as a carpenter). The key has a lovely amount of wear on it and the detail around the ferrule on the paintwork is just enough. I also really like the slightly muted colours.

I like the viewpoint and focus point but it might be time for a bit of a paint job!
Thank you. You're right. It's been on the demolition list, but we haven't quite got there yet!
A great close up image for Secure. You don't see many of those locks these days (I can well remember fitting hundreds of those in my days as a carpenter). The key has a lovely amount of wear on it and the detail around the ferrule on the paintwork is just enough. I also really like the slightly muted colours.
Thank you. Do you know, I didn't really notice the wear, but I did notice the lettering - most keys don't have that these days as far as I know.
It looks pretty good to me, good processing too.
Thanks' Dominic.

I'm falling behind a bit here on my comments and posts... must catch up!

Week 29. (something) personal.

I can't believe I almost forgot to take a photo this week. A hurried shot of my hairbrush using my daughter's funky light again. I would do it differently next time - move the light further away... try focus stacking... but I'm out of time so will get this on and move on to the next theme...

20200724-P7240021-Edit.jpg

It's kind of cool Bebop, I like it. I thought that it was matchsticks... :D

Back