weekly Bebop's 52 for 2020 - week 52: Decor(ate)

It's kind of cool Bebop, I like it. I thought that it was matchsticks... :D
I like it - the shallow DoF with the lighting works well together.
I thought they were coloured cotton buds :D

Nice colourful close up Bee (y)
Oh, hairbrush... Like @Darkslinger I thought it was matchsticks.
Liking the mix of colour against the dark black background. Lit from the side with a flag?
Thank you so much for the kind comments on a fairly rubbish effort, but onward and upward!
It does look like matchsticks - that had been my first thought too. The tips are blue on black 'stems' and the light was orange and green.

Yes @LC2, side lit, no flag - everything balanced awkwardly due to a short lead on the light.... on a piano stool and a box with a black amp cover as a background, and using a macro lens and tripod :giggle: One day I will try it again and focus stack it.

Week 30 - Graceful

I spent a long time trying to get a monkey gracefully swinging yesterday. Mostly they weren't terribly obliging - preferring to swing right next to the cage or face the other way. This was my best effort, but I didn't like the colours, so I've converted it to black and white

20200726-BCR_7542-Edit.jpg

Here is a headless monkey for you.

20200726-BCR_7564.jpg

This was my favourite of the day, but he just didn't want to move.

20200726-BCR_7599.jpg

and finally I got a graceful snake just for @Cobra

20200726-BCR_7618-Edit.jpg

and finally I got a graceful snake just for @Cobra
Very Kind Bee, but that is a very harmless Ball python / Royal python :D

Those Colobus Monkey's ( last one, but I guess you knew that) always remind me of little old men :D

Nice set Bee (y)

Very Kind Bee, but that is a very harmless Ball python / Royal python :D

Those Colobus Monkey's ( last one, but I guess you knew that) always remind me of little old men :D

Nice set Bee (y)
Thanks. Yes I love those Colobus Monkeys. They remind me of big exclamation marks, well their tails do anyway :ROFLMAO:

I wasn't sure on the snake. I rushed out as a child wanted to come into the reptile house and we weren't all allowed in at the same time. Did you see this footage of a Python?
View: https://youtu.be/ubSqVv0KoGQ
Probably not your Royal then?

Great set of images for Graceful love your chosen image in the main thread.
Really like this. Good idea and done really well.
Really like the first monkey shot, black and white works pretty well.
Great set and I like the one you've chosen. Lovely in mono too.
Thank you kindly everyone.
I've not been on here as much lately - must add some comments to others' threads!

Good set of images. You definitely picked the right one and looks great in mono. The expression on his face is priceless :)

Week 31 - Static

I had a few plans for this week, but sadly I was too static and didn't get round to doing them. I did however stop for a photo of my static bike when out for a ride yesterday. Taken on my phone.

full

Graceful - as others have said, definitely the pick. Works really well in B&W.
Static - Works well for the theme. critic on this would be could you lose the road so it's just grass & field? The tarmac feels a little incongruous.

I like that the bike adds interest to the foreground and fits the theme well. I also like the straight lines of the grass, the crop in the field and the sky

Graceful - as others have said, definitely the pick. Works really well in B&W.
Static - Works well for the theme. critic on this would be could you lose the road so it's just grass & field? The tarmac feels a little incongruous.
I tried a few compositions at the time and what niggled me was that I couldn't square the bike up with the road and not have it look like a wonky horizon. There were also lovely leading lines in the crops, so this had been another contender... but it still looked wonky to me.

IMG_4754.jpg

The original without the road - just to see - and I've tried to square it up too...
IMG_4752-2.jpg

That`s a lovely shot Bebop, love the lines coming off the field and to have your bike in shot too so very static.
Nice idea, I like the field colour, and your bike adds a few nice splashes of colour too.
I like that the bike adds interest to the foreground and fits the theme well. I also like the straight lines of the grass, the crop in the field and the sky
Thankyou everyone. I feel blessed to have this on my doorstep for cycling :giggle:

Week 32: Patterns

Inspired by the sun shining through my glass the other day I decided to try it today with coloured paper. Reminds me of an X-Ray

20200812-BC121826.jpg

and here is another just to show the glass..

20200812-BC121840.jpg

Interesting idea Bee it works for me. :)

Very nice, I hadn't worked out how you did it before looking at your thread.

Very clever shot.. works really well. I would never have guessed the source.

Hi Bee

I prefer the blue colour as it appears sharper, but what an interesting idea. Hope the gin did not spoil :)

Pete

Very nice, I hadn't worked out how you did it before looking at your thread.
Cleverly done and nice patterns too. Thanks for showing how it was done.
That's very cool - that's a really interesting effect and a great pattern. Thank you for showing the setup.
Very clever shot.. works really well. I would never have guessed the source.
Many thanks for the comments - I spotted the pattern the day before the theme was set, so redid it with coloured paper.

Hi Bee

I prefer the blue colour as it appears sharper, but what an interesting idea. Hope the gin did not spoil :)

Pete
I liked the blue too. I also tried yellow and orange and did consider a triptych. I could have got more of the pattern sharp if I had held the glass up so the light went through it at a better angle. I did toy with the idea, which would have involved using a tripod and trigger so I could manhandle the glass... but apathy got the better of me :ROFLMAO: Sadly the glass was empty at this point.... maybe I'd have made more effort if there was gin in it!

Great patterns - I like the blue one especially with it showing the glass in context.

Week 33: Camouflaged

In the absence of that elusive creative shot, this little grasshopper will have to do. Really I only took it to test the close focusing distance of my 300mm lens (edit: 600mm equivalent) as it was at my feet and I'm less than 5'4" tall.

20200813-BC131879.jpg

Last edited:
Camouflage
That's pretty impressive for a 300mm lens. Grasshopper= camouflage.

I like that and it's great for the theme. You did well to even spot it. I hear them a lot but can't often find them.

Back