weekly Bebop's 52 for 2020 - week 52: Decor(ate)

Well spotted given the camouflage - blends in nicely.
Camouflage
That's pretty impressive for a 300mm lens. Grasshopper= camouflage.
I like that and it's great for the theme. You did well to even spot it. I hear them a lot but can't often find them.
Thank you all - only spotted as it jumped out from under my feet. It is amazingly close as the 300mm is on a cropped sensor - so 600mm 35mm equivalent. I do struggle sometimes to find little things through this lens - might invest in a dot sight for birds.

Week 34: Tiny and Technique: Juxtaposition

20200826-BCO30013.jpg

and here's one just to show my assistant - who thankfully didn't run off with my subject -I've just spotted the other footballer creeping into bottom right in this one.

20200826-BCO30004.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Bebop

What a good take on the theme and technique. The one with out the cat works best.

Pete

Hi Bebop

What a good take on the theme and technique. The one with out the cat works best.

Pete
Hi Bebop I prefer the no cat too, what a great game Subbuteo was, and so difficult to explain to the kids of today.
Thank you both. Yes the cat was only there as I thought it was funny - pets always try and get in your pics don't they?

A modern goalie wouldn't be wearing green either would he?

Great idea and execution, love it :)

Tiny
What a good fun shot. I like the inclusion of the oof goal in the background.

Long time since I commented looking back I like all your fenced shots but the bunny steels the win for me I like the Easter Bunnies too the light in that is great . I like your flora shot great dof. and the colours in your household items shot are lovely. Your mother nature shot really captures the action and I love both your shots for patterns. Your tiny shot is fun especially with the cat.

I've had to do a catch up this week..

Week 35: Snapper's Choice

The 'Koan' a sculpture at our local hospital - supposed to rotate and I think light up. As far as I know since 1997 when it was installed, it has never rotated. Looks like it needs a bit of TLC now.

20200908-P9080047.jpg

Week 36: Texture

Also in the hospital grounds - I tried a few different subjects and decided I liked this one best. I think it just about shows textures on the chimney, and the slats.

20200908-P9080051-Edit.jpg

Tiny
What a good fun shot. I like the inclusion of the oof goal in the background.
Thank you. No small kids in the house now - just big ones :)

Long time since I commented looking back I like all your fenced shots but the bunny steels the win for me I like the Easter Bunnies too the light in that is great . I like your flora shot great dof. and the colours in your household items shot are lovely. Your mother nature shot really captures the action and I love both your shots for patterns. Your tiny shot is fun especially with the cat.
Thank you for taking the time to look back and your kind comments - It's almost a week since I've been here - time seems to fly by and everything moves on!
Tiny - brilliant! Not sure I'd want to be that goalie though...
Thank you - I was a bit worried he might get damaged - especially if the cat decided to play with him - I'd have been in trouble!

Snappers Choice, I think you have chosen a fairly unusual point of view that works well.
Textures has a nice mix of weathered wood and metal slats. Interesting lines too.

Nice point of view for snappers, Bee.
As far as I know since 1997 when it was installed, it has never rotated.
That sounds like something my useless council would do too :rolleyes:

Textures, lots going on there, plenty of textures (y)

edit BTW link sorted ;)

Loving the POV on the coloured image, great shot indeed. Plus you forgot Linky.
Thank you - oopsie! Seem to be forgetting a few things lately!

Snappers Choice, I think you have chosen a fairly unusual point of view that works well.
Textures has a nice mix of weathered wood and metal slats. Interesting lines too.
Thanks - similar viewpoint for both... I did think someone might have to come out of the hospital to help me up after photographing the Koan :ROFLMAO:

Nice point of view for snappers, Bee.

That sounds like something my useless council would do too :rolleyes:

Textures, lots going on there, plenty of textures (y)

edit BTW link sorted ;)
Thank you and thanks for sorting link and sorry about that. I must have been too excited about catching up.

There was a lot of grumbling at the time about how much it had cost, but I think it was Arts Council money or something - not NHS funded. We have a floating Bridge across the river Medina that has never worked either!

I must have been too excited about catching up.
:LOL: and no problem :)

We have a floating Bridge across the river Medina that has never worked either!
:rolleyes:
We have a huge fountain, well, just a water jet really. I think its about 20 odd feet high "when that is working"

But apparently its supposed to be a whale :D

Choice
It's an interesting looking piece of art, it's very colourful. I do like the pov.

Texture
That chimney has texture, but so do the slats, it all works rather well.

Good perspective, helps draw your eye all the way up the textures!

Hi Bee

Snappers Choice is very colourful, shame it does not work.

Textures, the angles work well and there is plenty of texture.

Pete

Choice
It's an interesting looking piece of art, it's very colourful. I do like the pov.

Texture
That chimney has texture, but so do the slats, it all works rather well.
Thanks Dominic. It is a welcome splash of colour in what is generally not a great place to visit.

Good perspective, helps draw your eye all the way up the textures!
Thanks Graham

Hi Bee

Snappers Choice is very colourful, shame it does not work.

Textures, the angles work well and there is plenty of texture.

Pete
Thanks Pete.

Week 37: Activity - keeping fit

Taken today with this theme in mind. Not the ideal background, No comments on technique please - I was trying to get him to keep his head relatively still :ROFLMAO:

20200916-BC162380.jpg

This was my other option, which was taken at the Hawk Conservancy this week - the activity being Bird Watching.... close up. I was focused on the bird of course, but I liked the look on their faces.

20200914-BCO30003-2.jpg

Nice motion blur on the first one Bee (y)

I really like the rowing shot, well taken and nice idea. I have one of those torturous things in my office!

Nice motion blur there, colours and exposure are spot on too. And, good for the theme.

I really like the rowing shot, well taken and nice idea. I have one of those torturous things in my office!
Thanks. My husband tortures himself on it :ROFLMAO:
Cool capture of the motion :)
Thanks Tim
Nice motion blur there, colours and exposure are spot on too. And, good for the theme.
Thanks Jim. I had to bribe him to get back on it as he'd just finished :)

Week 38: Artificial

Not a very exciting photo, but I spotted this artificial virgina creeper (I think?) around a window in Winchester on Monday. I've made the rest of the photo monochrome mainly because it almost was, apart from the posters in the window which were a bit bright and distracting. In the interest of being timely this will have to do :)

20200921-BCO30075.jpg

Back