weekly Bebop's 52 for 2020 - week 52: Decor(ate)

Week 44: Digital Age

Really just a record shot to get this theme sorted - my very old, but digital calculator and my new-ish digital vernier callipers which just for good measure (forgive the pun!) will show imperial measurements with fractions - I had to shop around to get one like that.

20201107PB070093_1_DxO.jpg

Hi Bebop,

Digital - Nice set of verniers. My cheapo lidls ones have lost the ability to display :( Nicely shot.
Sharp - Hmm, even though you've said what it is, it's hard to know exactly what you're looking at. Very abstract and I love the lighting.
Food - #3 for me. The closer crop feels better and it's more than just a duck swiming.

Hi Bebop,

Digital - Nice set of verniers. My cheapo lidls ones have lost the ability to display :( Nicely shot.
Sharp - Hmm, even though you've said what it is, it's hard to know exactly what you're looking at. Very abstract and I love the lighting.
Food - #3 for me. The closer crop feels better and it's more than just a duck swiming.
Thanks Tim for the comments. It's funny you should mention Lidl - that's where my husband got his. I kept borrowing them so I bought my own in the end - still fairly cheap at around £16, but the first cheap pair I bought didn't turn on at all, so I suspect none last very long.

That's different for Digital Age. I didn't know you can get an imperial ernier callipers.
Thanks Stan. I didn't know at first either. And then when I looked, some seemed to show fractions like 70ths which is not very useful. Really I'd prefer it just to measure to the nearest 1/32nd - particularly since it's probably not all that accurate. I do some paper crafts and measurements tend to be imperial (American craft tools)

Hi Bebop,

Some nice old digital tech you have there. Haven't seen a set of digital callipers that uses imperial before. Are they for use after Brexit?

Pete

Nice image for digital age (i'd have been tempted to turn the calculator upside down and write BOOBS or similar :D:D;):p) the mono PP gives it a good look too.

I like the processing with the calculator. Has an aged type plugin been used or did you do it all yourself?

Your digital pair work for the theme - I would have been tempted to show the measurement number on the calculator to further link the two items.

Week 45: Snapper's Choice

I headed out with my macro lens and did some in camera focus stacking. It was getting dark so each exposure was 0.5 seconds! I might try again in better light.

Fly Agaric. I tried some lower viewpoint shots first but I ended up with blurry foreground as there was too much leaf litter. I also thought the water made it more interesting.

20201110BC123030_2_DxO.jpg

Hi Bebop,

Some nice old digital tech you have there. Haven't seen a set of digital callipers that uses imperial before. Are they for use after Brexit?

Pete
That made me chuckle.
Nice image for digital age (i'd have been tempted to turn the calculator upside down and write BOOBS or similar :D:D;):p) the mono PP gives it a good look too.
I tried to remember what words we used to type - the only one I could think of was GOOLIES upside down :LOL:
I like the processing with the calculator. Has an aged type plugin been used or did you do it all yourself?
This was a preset in DxO so I can't really say it's all my own work, although I did fiddle a bit with the colour channels thingy and the contrast.
Your digital pair work for the theme - I would have been tempted to show the measurement number on the calculator to further link the two items.
Ah now I didn't think of that!

I like this shot Bebop, I've been taking a lot of 'shroom shots myself lately.
My new Olympus apparently has built-in focus stacking capability but I haven't tried it out yet.

Nice an colourful for snapper's choice. Also plenty of detail and the focus stack has worked by the looks of it. I agree that the small pool of water really does work well. Nice job.

Excellent photo I don’t ever see many of these the focus stacking has worked very well considering

The colour contrast between the Fly Agaric and the leaves is very striking, certainly draws your eye to them. Very nice.

Lovely soft colours in the mushrooms and great detail - the focus stacking is great.

Lovely colours that you've brought out there. That's pretty impressive for in-camera work!
Thank you. They are amazingly colourful.
I like this shot Bebop, I've been taking a lot of 'shroom shots myself lately.
My new Olympus apparently has built-in focus stacking capability but I haven't tried it out yet.
This was on an Olympus Em1ii :) I confess my settings are a bit random - I started with only 8 and a smaller focus differential. I won't pretend I know what I'm doing, but this was 20 and a greater differential :)
Nice an colourful for snapper's choice. Also plenty of detail and the focus stack has worked by the looks of it. I agree that the small pool of water really does work well. Nice job.
Thanks Jim
Excellent photo I don’t ever see many of these the focus stacking has worked very well considering
Thanks Allan
The colour contrast between the Fly Agaric and the leaves is very striking, certainly draws your eye to them. Very nice.
Thanks Graham.
Lovely soft colours in the mushrooms and great detail - the focus stacking is great.
Thanks Helen. It has made me think I should carry my tripod more often!

Digital, nice take on the theme and good to see measurements in proper "money".
Snappers Choice. I like taking images of mushrooms you found some very nice ones there and the stacking works very well.

Lovely image of the Fungi Bee
Colourful and contrasting it all works well (y)

Digital, nice take on the theme and good to see measurements in proper "money".
Snappers Choice. I like taking images of mushrooms you found some very nice ones there and the stacking works very well.
Thanks Roger. They have to be the prettiest ones :)
Lovely image of the Fungi Bee
Colourful and contrasting it all works well (y)
Thank you. They were a very welcome splash of colour in amongst the muddy leaves.

I really like the shot of the Fly Agaric - you've isolated them well from the background focus -wise and the colour contrast is good too.

Digital
Good composition with the Vernier over the calculator, I like the black and white too.

Choice
Nice fungi, the red caps stand out well against the background.

They've come out nicely stacked. I don't think they need different light particularly (unless there was some effect you wanted to get).
Thanks Tim. It has really made me see the value of carrying a tripod. In fact they are in such a shady place, it may be that I'd have to use artificial light anyway. It was actually going dark and I was cursing myself for not bringing a head torch, but I did manage to find my way home okay, and with all my belongings :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: LC2
Hi Bebop

Great image, love the colours and the stacking seems to have worked well.
Never seen any fungi like those out in the wild., must look harder.

Pete

Hi Bebop

Great image, love the colours and the stacking seems to have worked well.
Never seen any fungi like those out in the wild., must look harder.

Pete
Thanks Pete. I've been out on a few lockdown walks and it seems they come up and disappear pretty quickly, and I guess they probably come up in the same spots each year. I took a few more yesterday :)

That's certainly Narrow enough Bee (y)

I agree its a bit soft, but maybe make it a bit smaller and slap it a bit harder with the sharpen tool ?

That's certainly Narrow enough Bee (y)

I agree its a bit soft, but maybe make it a bit smaller and slap it a bit harder with the sharpen tool ?
Thanks. Perhaps I should have put it in for the technique :LOL:

I tried 100% quality and smaller size but it was still too big.. might have another go...

Edit: I've now tried various options - even doing a screen print - that looks fine, but is 5MB and when I downsize any of them, they just go soft. even though they look sharp on screen I think I'll leave it there for this week.

Last edited:
Thanks. Perhaps I should have put it in for the technique :LOL:

I tried 100% quality and smaller size but it was still too big.. might have another go...
I find ( if attaching) I can usually get away with 75% and somewhere between 600 - 800Px.
If I'm too lazy to up load to flicker

Back