Critique Bee

Thanks Neil, I'm quite pleased with it, being the first time I have used the flash for macro.

Thanks for the comments, appreciate it

Now to try and get one flying :)

Looks pretty good to me Lee, great detail and lighting is very nice.(y)

George.

Very nice Lee
Nice to see another Oly user here. You need to cjhange your Flickr setting btw as it is possible to downlaod a full size image atm.
What is you flash set up?

Very nice Lee... and if first go with Flash then you are well on your way brilliant start (y)

Very nice Lee
Nice to see another Oly user here. You need to cjhange your Flickr setting btw as it is possible to downlaod a full size image atm.
What is you flash set up?

Very nice Lee... and if first go with Flash then you are well on your way brilliant start (y)

Looks pretty good to me Lee, great detail and lighting is very nice.(y)

George.

Great shot Lee.

Paul.

Again, many thanks for the comments

@alfbranch, Im getting to grips with the Oly now and really enjoying it, I do miss the Nikon 105 though :-(

How do I stop the full res download then? Is it just a case of not uploading at 100%? or is there something in the settings online?

Again, many thanks for the comments

@alfbranch, Im getting to grips with the Oly now and really enjoying it, I do miss the Nikon 105 though :-(

How do I stop the full res download then? Is it just a case of not uploading at 100%? or is there something in the settings online?
Lee
You need to go into settings click the icon top right of the screen go to settings then privacy and permission tab at the top and change Who can access your original image files? to only you.

I use a 4/3 Sigma 105 f2.8 on my E-M1 quite a lot heavier (than the Oly 60mm) I must say but I prefer MF and it just works very well

Here it is with MMF3, tubes, Raynox and flash with homemade diffuser. Your 60 mm is not much longer than the tubes and MMF3

Macro-rig-2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Thanks Alf, I will go in tonight and have a look.

My setup is a little smaller than that, I will post up a picture tonight so you can give me some feedback

The bee was still in the same place this morning, hopefully he is up and about now :)

Here is the setup I used

Untitled by Shark Seeker, on Flickr

Oly 60mm with a raynox 150, Nikon sb600 with a Stofen diffuser, Hahnel adapter to fire the flash

Ive also amended the settings Alf, many thanks for that

Wow, brilliant work, especially for first outing with flash. You might want to look at ways of preventing the black background (light fall-off) but the contrast works well with this subject.

Thanks Tim, would the light fall off be due to it being indoors and in the evening?

If not how do I do this?

I must admit that I do a lot underwater with a flash so I should know a bit about it :)

Also increase diffusion with a bit of foam loosely attached to flash

(y)

Torch is a focus light.... not effecting final image.

Put a coloured card behind it, or get something in the background to prevent the black background. Needs to bounce off something back to the sensor. With macro needs to be fairly close.

Very nice shot btw.

Yes agree with Chris here my friend who shoots with the Mpe close up puts a leaf behind the subject to give a nice green background
It's still a great shot tho lighting is excellent

Back