Bee

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I have just got into Macro. This is my first attempt to post. Am using a canon 600D and Sigma 105 mm OS Macro lens.As it was a dull day I also used a Ring light.Hand held.Comments please

bee-2.jpg

Bit small picture - and looking at the big one looks a really big crop. Hence the noise and lack of real detail.

Get closer with that lens for better results. If struggling for focus - autofocus roughly in close, then with the focus locked - move back and forward till in focus. Oh and use burst mode to shoot several shots of bees. Good you have some sort of flash for moving insects.

If you autofocus is not at the back - move it there from the shutter button is a good tip.

:agree: but keep at it.

Macro takes a bit of getting into. Like Graham said, keep at it; it is well worth it.

I have a Sigma 105 and I find the autofocus impractical for small subjects - it hunts and hunts. It may be most practical to adjust the focus by hand to get the magnification about right and then like Chris suggests rock gently back and forwards. You will see it going in and out of focus and the trick is to press the shutter button so the image is captured just as it is passing through the point of best focus. It takes a bit of practice but once you have got the hang of it that can work really well.

In order to get useful comments it is helpful to keep the Exif data in the image if you can (shutter speed, aperture, ISO etc) or otherwise mention what the shutter speed, aperture and ISO were, as well as any other information you think might be useful.

Back