Bees and Hovers from the summer and plant ID please

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone I,m not doing any macro at the mo waiting for the spring. I cant wait making plans already
Here's a few from the summer , If I remember right quite late on.
All taken with 350D and sigma 105 macro
Natural light, dont do flash :D
Can anyone ID the flowers for me, the bees and hovers loved it and I want to get some for the garden
C&C very welcome :)
Pete

bumblebeewebs0797.jpg

hoverflysw0808.jpg

hoverflyweb0813.jpg

bumblebees0802.jpg

bumblebees0799.jpg

hoverflyw0809.jpg

Bumblebee0832.jpg

bumblebeeweb0819.jpg

Superb series Pete, the flowers look like African daises but I'm not totally sure ;)

Great shots (y)Sorry can't help with the ID, but
don't forget that bees see in "ultra violet" and see colours differently to us, (our) yellow seems to be a firm favourite,
( our) blues are also quite popular

As the focus is, quite naturally, on the bee it's not easy to ID the flower but I'd be more inclined to think that they are Gazania's. :)

Good pics and I think the plant looks like a Gaillardia. Its definitely not a Gazania.

haven`t bees and wasps learnt not to play with they`re food yet??

nice pics too

No.6 is pure greed. It's eyes are too big for it's belly.

Awesome shot!!!! I am sure many of us would do exactly the same given a chocolate cake! :D :D :D

thanks everyone no 6 is my fav too, he looks like he dived into his dinner headfirst :D
Thanks for the plant ID I will have a search round the garden centres see if I can find any. These were taken at Chester zoo, the bees were really attracted to these flowers. Would be great to get some for the garden
Pete

Back