Beesands on South Devon Coast. Trying something different.

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Had an amazing time on Monday morning at the beach near Slapton Sands before work. It was great to be out again nice and early - I almost didn't get out of bed at 4:30 but pleased I did. A couple of classics (i.e. rock, waves and nice sky) but been inspired by David Ward's up-close abstract images. Lots of really interesting shapes, colours and patterns on the rocks. I ended up intentionally shooting wider then cropping in post as I knew there were cool patterns but needed the reflection of a glass of wine in front of the laptop to find the ideal composition/crop! Where there was no interesting colour I went for mono conversion.

Swash 3 by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Swash 2 by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Backwash by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Abstract 5 by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Abstract 4 by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Abstract 3 by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Abstract 2 by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Abstract 1 by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

For me, abstract 4 & 2. I'd trim the top of 4 just slightly to remove the ridge on the LH side. Have that line run actually into the top right corner. But that's just me being picky :)

A very nice set. Not usually my thing but that last one is very nice.

For me, abstract 4 & 2. I'd trim the top of 4 just slightly to remove the ridge on the LH side. Have that line run actually into the top right corner. But that's just me being picky :)
I know what you mean and I thought about it when cropping. Having the ridge and background in frame gives context which detracts from the abstract-ness. I didn’t in the end as it would be too great a crop of an already heavily cropped image - I’d have had to come right down and make it square.

It's abstract no 4 for me. I really like it. There's a tiny thing that annoys me in No 1 - I don't know if anyone else has noticed it? It's the vertical pale line which runs down from dead centre.
Do you mean the last one? There’s a white stain or something coming down the middle. I considered cloning it out, but decided against it. I agree that when you notice it it’s jarring but I like that. Adds a frisson?? Not sure if that’s the right word....

First and last for me and I had noticed that vertical line

Like em all but last is my top pic too.

Back