Before Sunrise

Edit My Images
No
This was taken at about 4am on 23 May.
IMGP0594-IMGP0600.JPG

This was taken a short time later
IMGP0662-IMGP0667.JPG

Both of them are beautiful. The first one has a very calming feeling to it and is very atmospheric. I love the dusting of snow on the top of Stob Dearg and the mountains in the background. Stunning.

The second one is also fantastic, lovely pastel colours and the morning light kissing the top summit of the mountain is the cherry on top of the cake. Two excellent images but the more I look at them the more I'm drawn to the first image. I'd have either hanging on my wall!

I am planning on wild camping on Wednesday night, might have to take a trip to Glencoe now ;)

Two fantastic images, the warmth of the 2nd contrasting perfectly with the cool blue of the first. I like them both with no preference of one over the other.

First shot for me a beautiful image.

They are both very good photographs, in fact they are the images that i aspire to take
Well done :clap::clap::clap:

Great images. Did you just walk up from the road there or are you on another munro/hill/corbett or whatever you want to call it? haha. What one are you on if so?

Also what time was the 4th one at roughly? I'm heading up Bidean nam Bian in a couple weeks myself.

This thread seems to arisen again. Thanks for all the comments

For those interested interested it was taken from Beinn a’Chrulaiste between 5 am and 630 am probably. It is an easy walk up, I didn't go all the way up and it only took me 35 mins (fast pace) to get high enough. I left far too early and had to wait 2.5 hours for sunrise.

Loving the colour difference between the first two and the way the river wanders through the scene.

This thread seems to arisen again. Thanks for all the comments

For those interested interested it was taken from Beinn a’Chrulaiste between 5 am and 630 am probably. It is an easy walk up, I didn't go all the way up and it only took me 35 mins (fast pace) to get high enough. I left far too early and had to wait 2.5 hours for sunrise.

Love the first image. Going up that way on Sunday. Out of interest did you head up from Altnafeadh ( looked a bit steep from that side) or up from Kings House.

Love the first image. Going up that way on Sunday. Out of interest did you head up from Altnafeadh ( looked a bit steep from that side) or up from Kings House.

I went up from Altnafeadh, it was an easy walk for me, like I say I got high enough in 35 min and probably got to a height of about 550-600m. I never recorded my exact location on my phone but that height is probably a good estimate.

Last edited:
I went up from Altnafeadh, it was an easy walk for me, like I say I got high enough in 35 min and probably got to a height of about 550-650m. I never recorded my exact location on my phone but that height is probably a good estimate.
Actually just checked my phone and I have my exact height and location it was 509 m. Not sure if that or this helps but the car park height is 294 m (both taken from google maps). Hope that helps you in your planning if you are going early or late.

Actually just checked my phone and I have my exact height and location it was 509 m. Not sure if that or this helps but the car park height is 294 m (both taken from google maps). Hope that helps you in your planning if you are going early or late.

Yeah that's great help. Going up early on Sunday & going to go up that way and come down by the Kings House. Fingers crossed for the weather. Thanks again[emoji106]

Yeah that's great help. Going up early on Sunday & going to go up that way and come down by the Kings House. Fingers crossed for the weather. Thanks again[emoji106]

I find the first image to be the most emotionally rewarding on its own, but I'd also think about presenting maybe three of the images as a sequence in the same frame one above the other.

1&2 are both very special, 1 just edges it for me.

I understand what you mean about the later shots, the light is a gorgeous colour but he show becomes harsh, I'd have also chosen the first pair from the session

Back