Critique Belfast Waterfront

The lens appears to work well without the distortion you get in the to corners of Nikon PC lenses.

The compositions don't work too well for me though due to the lack of foreground and mid ground interest. I think the inclusion of a a person/people would give the images more sense of scale. Also I have found portrait Architectural images often look better in a 5 x 7 or 5 x 4 ratio.

Hope that helps.

Yes, interesting. Thanks for that. I have some people in "setting up" shots but they look a bit touristy. Must have another look.

Samyang seem to be making class glass these days. and at more affordable prices.
Though they do one in fuji fit, they are not an ideal focal length on a crop sensor . To be an equivalent it would need to be a 16mm.
I would suppose if any one is likely to do so it will be them....eventually. ....
It would also be useful on a 4/3 sensor at an equivalent 32 mm,

Last edited:
Yes, interesting. Thanks for that. I have some people in "setting up" shots but they look a bit touristy. Must have another look.

The best thing to do is make sure the people are motion blurred. On most days you will need an ND16 filter as you need a shutter speed of around 1/8 of a second for people walking along the street.

Samyang seem to be making class glass these days. and at more affordable prices.
Though they do one in fuji fit, they are not an ideal focal length on a crop sensor . To be an equivalent it would need to be a 16mm.
I would suppose if any one is likely to do so it will be them....eventually. ....
It would also be useful on a 4/3 sensor at an equivalent 32 mm,

I had the Samyang 12mm for my X-T10 but would have to say I was less impressed with it. Just not sharp enough for me despite everybody raving about how sharp it is. Perhaps I just had a bad example. Happy with this one so far though :)

The best thing to do is make sure the people are motion blurred. On most days you will need an ND16 filter as you need a shutter speed of around 1/8 of a second for people walking along the street.

82mm w/a adaptor ring ordered!

Lens works well, good shots, nice PP. (y)

The figure in Edit2 copy distracts in my opinion.

Lens works well, good shots, nice PP. (y)

The figure in Edit2 copy distracts in my opinion.
Thanks Jak. I must admit I do like a bit of human interest in shots like this myself. In this one someone looking out from the first floor balcony would probably have been ideal. I also forgot to crop it as suggested by @ah5168 . I do think that could improve it as well.

I specifically like them for they are free of people.

Nothing beats a real shift movement lens

I guess the main thing is the feedback is mainly positive albeit with some with/without people discussion. Thanks all. Looking forward to getting out again with the Samyang. And my Lee adaptor has now arrived :naughty:

Back