Bempton Cliffs

Edit My Images
No
A few shots taken from Bempton cliffs from the last couple of weeks, Weather has been a bit hit and miss, going to give it another go on my way up to the Farne-Islands on Tuesday.

Taken on 1D MkIII, 600mm F4 and 300mm F2.8 (1.4x for some shots)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
:clap: All flipping fabulous! I really love the second :LOL: the way it's coming in for landing is hilarious!

Some great shots, can't decide between 2 and 5 as my fav. (y)

The first one was a very good "opener". They are all very good

Cheers for the comments guys :)

excellent shots, scuse the ignorance whats the LBJ in no.4 ? :)

If I knew what an LBJ was i'd tell you!! :geek:

The only thing I can think of is it was typo for lens being used...? in which case 600F4 + 1.4x converter.. other than that I have no idea!

Stunning set!
#3 for me (y)
LBJ little black ( or brown) jobbie
A colloquial term for small unidentified ( for what ever reason) birds

Stunning set!
#3 for me (y)
LBJ little black ( or brown) jobbie
A colloquial term for small unidentified ( for what ever reason) birds

Ah!

LOL I honestly had no idea.. I don't have a clue what it is.. <looks in RSPB books>

It appears to be a Meadow Pipit!

Hi.

Magnificent shots. I am going to Bempton cliffs the begining of next week and from there to the Farn islands for the boat trip! I have an Ef 100-400. Is that long enough for some nice close ups or are the birds too far away to reach them with such a zoom?

Superb! :clap::clap::clap:

Lovely shots timg(y) ... just a question - how do you get them focussed right when they're flying fast towards you(no2+5) - do you use the AI servo function or do you prefocus on a fixed point then take the shot, if that makes any sense ?

Last edited:
Absolutely stonking set of images ... (y) ... they all capture the essence of Bempton for me ... :clap: ... a superb place with some fantastic birds ... :D

:p

Fantastic, although the only fault I can find is that you've reminded me where I should have gone today instead of spending my last day up north browsing the net!!!

Kristan

Back