Ben A'an & Glencoe

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Took these shots recently. Glencoe involved two overnight camps, but we were lucky with the weather on those nights.

1. Ben A'an
26939685095_9267b0e6a2_k.jpg

2. Buchaille Etive Mor
27150775222_99fc204bd6_k.jpg

3. Stob Coire Raineach sunrise
img

4. Stob Coire Raineach sunset
27527075645_017e0640bf_k.jpg

I like them all. As good a set of landscapes as I've seen on this forum (to my untrained eye). I love 1 and 3 in particular but the others are very good also.

A lovely set, the light is superb and that wasn't a 5 minute effort. (y)

I particularly like the shot with Criese, Etive Mor and Beag all in the frame.

Really great number 3 is a fav for me "I think" it is hard to choose here.

Gaz

Thanks for the comments! Lugging the camera and camping gear certainly checks your fitness :eek:

An inspiring set of photos and a challenge for me in September when I am in Glencoe myself. Not sure I will get the missus and the caravan up to the top like you have though :)

I'd have been happy to have taken any of these but 1, 2 and 4 in particular are excellent. Really like the sunlight catching the tops and the moon in the second one and the monochromatic effect in the first.

Dave

Absolutely stunning images. Glen coe is such an amazing place.

These are lovely shots. I'd be proud to have taken these.
My favourite is #3 because of that brilliant hazy light. Then #1, #4 and #2 in that order :)

Fabulous pics there, esp 1 and 3 as so many have said already.

On my screen the edges of the mountains in 1 & 3 seem to have some kind of rim running round them - is that a lighting effect or a PP artifact?

Fabulous pics there, esp 1 and 3 as so many have said already.

On my screen the edges of the mountains in 1 & 3 seem to have some kind of rim running round them - is that a lighting effect or a PP artifact?

Good spot!, I never noticed that until you pointed it out.

A quick look back at the raw shows I was a little too heavy on the sharpening! (y)

BenAansharpeningissue_zpsz4rv5gkj.jpg

I really like the second, tad more darks contrast to make it less pastel (personal taste) and it would be on my wall!

Absolutely superb - 5 star shots. Great to see Glencoe pics taken from one of the less common viewpoints. Did you go up the Devil's Staircase to get those ?

Thanks again for your additional comments and likes.

Absolutely superb - 5 star shots. Great to see Glencoe pics taken from one of the less common viewpoints. Did you go up the Devil's Staircase to get those ?

Shot 2, Buchaille Etive Mor was taken not far from the Devil's Staircase, but from Beinn a' Chruslaite as mentioned by @dinners post #11 (same car park Altnafeadh).

The hill on the right of that shot 2, is Stob Coire Raineach of Buchaille Etive Beag which is leads onto shot 3.

Shot 3 is Stob Coire Raineach, with Buchaille Etive Mor on the right and Beinn a' Chruslaite just off centre so both these images (2&3) are almost looking towards each other.

Shot 4 is as the above but higher up and a tad further back, different focal length and stitch.

I had a few more shots taken over those days, they are on my Flickr too...

5. Ben A'an (2)

26834758322_f200ae2fd4_k.jpg

6. Sunrise over the Blackwater Reservoir
26989109963_9ace1fd91d_k.jpg

7. My mate John, trying to compose himself whilst facing a midgie attack as I compose the shot.
28617760161_232c9a26e9_k.jpg

5 ~7 are very cool, Andy!
(but the halo in 7).

Do I see that your mate, John, is bearded?
My grandma always warned me of men with bread! :ROFLMAO:

Sure had a lot of success on that trip ............:rolleyes:

Back